Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 8,321 times

Advertisements

I have been living in PISCATAWAY for past 1 year and working in ROCKAWAY, I am planning to move to ROCKAWAY in the next couple of months can anyone please let me know if it is a good idea as my kid (3 Yr +) is just about to begin schooling I want to be in better place. Also any ideas of good locations in Rockaway for Renting or Owning. Thanks Charlie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 01:56 PM

22 posts, read 85,982 times
i live in rockaway and just got out of their public school system. Its a very good place for your kid. There are also a decent amount of apartments in dover/ rockaway border. just be sure that your kids will be in the morris hills district- much better than falling into the dover schools. also dont forget the townhouses next to the rockaway mall- townsquare village and rustic ridge. i dont know anything about the price but from visiting friends at townsquare village i can say that the townhouses are surprisingly spacious and nice.
if you have any other questions send me a message

Old 04-02-2007, 01:57 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,370,322 times
Rockaway is a fine town. Just stay away from Dover's school system unless you want your kid to learn Spanish instead of English.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:32 PM

33 posts, read 178,013 times
I live on Green Pond Rd and out of all the places ive lived in NJ I think Rockaway is by far the best. We live by hidden lakes and great hiking trails. Not to mention all the shopping you need just 10 miles away (for me)

If you need to know ANYTHING AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:14 PM

6 posts, read 27,563 times
Default White meadow Lake

Great place in Rockaway good daycares and schools

Old 04-02-2008, 04:30 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Ill second White Meadow Lake. I tried (and failed) to buy a home there and that neighborhood had a great feel to it.

Kind of expensive but not crazy.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:59 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,496,835 times
I grew up in WML - I remember having a great time there as a kid. My parents still live there and when I go to visit them I always think "this is the kind of neighborhood I want to live in when I buy my first house."

I attended Stony Brook Elementary, Copeland Middle, and Morris Hills High School.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 AM

253 posts, read 1,267,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
Rockaway is a fine town. Just stay away from Dover's school system unless you want your kid to learn Spanish instead of English.
I had to laugh out loud at that. too funny.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:27 AM

786 posts, read 2,664,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
Personally, I'd love it if my kid learns different languages. And considering that Spanish is probably the fastest growing first language out there, AND makes more sense than english in terms of learning it (spelling equals pronounciation, for example), it ain't too bad.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:55 AM

253 posts, read 1,267,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
Personally, I'd love it if my kid learns different languages. And considering that Spanish is probably the fastest growing first language out there, AND makes more sense than english in terms of learning it (spelling equals pronounciation, for example), it ain't too bad.
True. so many companies are looking for bilingual candidates. And by bilingual they are specifically asking for English/Spanish . . .not english/french, not english japanese, not english/American Sign language.....nope! They want English/Spanish - and fluent too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey