Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 12,811 times

Advertisements

Arriving at JFK from the UK in April with my family (5 people). Due to the lateness of our arrival I have decided to take a limo or Taxi to our hotel, the new Westin in Jersey City.

For a Jersey City Limo/Taxi, the cheapest quote I've had is $108 (includes tax, gratuity & tolls) for a SUV from a company called Trinity Limo based in Hoboken 201-333-2244. Has anybody used these guys? I can't find any feedback on this company.

Any other recomendations for reliable companies in Jersey City? The feedback on other Limo/taxi companies seem's to be very mixed. However, I've read some good feedback about Budget taxi's 201-222-8000!

Another option is to take a yellow mini van taxi at JFK. Are there many of these larger taxi's at the airport? or is it likely that I will have to wait a while?
Regarding the fare I believe the likely charge would be around $80 plus gratuity & tolls? Anybody done this journey in a yellow cab?

Still not sure what to do - thanks in advance for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 04:13 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,281,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil64 View Post
Arriving at JFK from the UK in April with my family (5 people). Due to the lateness of our arrival I have decided to take a limo or Taxi to our hotel, the new Westin in Jersey City.

For a Jersey City Limo/Taxi, the cheapest quote I've had is $108 (includes tax, gratuity & tolls) for a SUV from a company called Trinity Limo based in Hoboken 201-333-2244. Has anybody used these guys? I can't find any feedback on this company.

Any other recomendations for reliable companies in Jersey City? The feedback on other Limo/taxi companies seem's to be very mixed. However, I've read some good feedback about Budget taxi's 201-222-8000!

Another option is to take a yellow mini van taxi at JFK. Are there many of these larger taxi's at the airport? or is it likely that I will have to wait a while?
Regarding the fare I believe the likely charge would be around $80 plus gratuity & tolls? Anybody done this journey in a yellow cab?

Honestly Phil, you should have flown into Newark Airport. It'd only be about $40 from Newark. If looking to save $, you can take public transportation from JFK to JC...it would just take quite a bit of time.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:55 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,632,424 times
Take the bus to Newark Airport and get a taxi from there? Isn't there a train as well?

Old 03-17-2009, 06:47 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,283,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil64 View Post

I did it in a yellow cab once, $90- plus tip and toll, I think. I only had to pay the tip, the airport paid the fare.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:44 AM

130 posts, read 497,496 times
At JFK, there will be lot of unofficial Taxi people. They will approach you once u come out with baggage. u can negotiate with them.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:55 AM

226 posts, read 862,136 times
You could rent a car and drive yourself but personally I would rather spend the extra $30 and get a taxi. I'm a chicken though and don't ever drive through NY city.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:15 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,283,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahw View Post
You could rent a car and drive yourself but personally I would rather spend the extra $30 and get a taxi. I'm a chicken though and don't ever drive through NY city.
One wouldn't even need to drive through Manhattan. It's easier to go via Staten Island.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 11,316 times
We use the "Budget Cab Co." The $25 flat-rate service for nearly every departure and arrival to and from Newark International Airport from Port Liberte is always prompt, polite, and inexpensive. No complaints.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:45 PM

730 posts, read 2,890,504 times
They have 5 people plus bags I am assuming.

Save yourself a headache and just book the car service. I have had to take car services to JC from JFK and it's usually 80 plus tips and tolls.

The chances of you coming upon a mini van yellow cab aren't great and who wants to deal with waiting around at that hour after such a long flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey