Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,099 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I am having such a hard time finding a co-ed sports league in the Jackson/Freehold NJ area. My husband and I are interested in playing on a softball team but if thats not available we are willing to play anything.

Anyone have any info on anything? Thanks and please help,
Riley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 06:17 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,778,631 times
Go on eteamz.com and put an ad on there. Also check out your local recreation department and ask them. Then contact local businesses (sports bars are good ones), fire houses, etc. and ask them if they have a team. If they do, ask if there is a number you can call or someone you can see that organizes it and have your names put out there.

They are out there, but you just have to know someone that's involved. Not easy to find. BUT, if you look to your town's rec department, usually those that have their kids on teams are either involved or know of adult teams.

Best of luck from a softball freak - unfortunately, one daughter is on three teams, the other two are on one, so this leaves no time for me to be on one. Oh well I hope you find a good one and have a blast.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:56 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,642,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Go on eteamz.com and put an ad on there. Also check out your local recreation department and ask them. Then contact local businesses (sports bars are good ones), fire houses, etc. and ask them if they have a team. If they do, ask if there is a number you can call or someone you can see that organizes it and have your names put out there.

They are out there, but you just have to know someone that's involved. Not easy to find. BUT, if you look to your town's rec department, usually those that have their kids on teams are either involved or know of adult teams.

Best of luck from a softball freak - unfortunately, one daughter is on three teams, the other two are on one, so this leaves no time for me to be on one. Oh well I hope you find a good one and have a blast.
We should start a city-data NJ team . I'm a bit rusty but I'll come out of retirement to play again...

Old 01-17-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
We should start a city-data NJ team . I'm a bit rusty but I'll come out of retirement to play again...
OMG - that would be soooooo much fun!! We could separate into regions as it would be too far to drive for some to get to a particular league.

Wiley, you may be on to something!!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
OMG - that would be soooooo much fun!! We could separate into regions as it would be too far to drive for some to get to a particular league.

Wiley, you may be on to something!!
Central City-Data v. Northern City-Data.... winners to play Southern City-Data..lol - how cool!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Central City-Data v. Northern City-Data.... winners to play Southern City-Data..lol - how cool!!!
Yeah, but the problem would be in what is "really" Central Jersey?? The age old argument.....

It really would be cool. The heck with a meet up, how about tournaments?!!

Old 01-18-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but the problem would be in what is "really" Central Jersey?? The age old argument.....

It really would be cool. The heck with a meet up, how about tournaments?!!

Beer games are the best! I say lets go for it!
And by the way... "Once a Marine, Always a Marine!"...no such thing as a "former Marine"

Old 01-18-2009, 04:26 PM

16,773 posts, read 8,250,442 times
Check Out the Monroe Twp.(Middlesex County) Rec dept.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Beer games are the best! I say lets go for it!
And by the way... "Once a Marine, Always a Marine!"...no such thing as a "former Marine"
You watch too many movies!!!!

Yes, in his heart he is always a Marine, BUT to say just Marine kind of implies active duty and why people will say former. They won't say "ex" as that implies sort of denouncing, if that makes any sense????

By the way, if I could get some weekends free for the summer, I'm completely game.

Anyone else??

Old 01-19-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
You watch too many movies!!!!

Yes, in his heart he is always a Marine, BUT to say just Marine kind of implies active duty and why people will say former. They won't say "ex" as that implies sort of denouncing, if that makes any sense????

By the way, if I could get some weekends free for the summer, I'm completely game.

Anyone else??
Nah...just raised by a "former" Marine - WWII Vet.

I think I may be considered Central Jersey now? Seems to be alot of Eagles fans out this way so It must be true..lol. I'm game!!!
But I get to pick the team. Me, you, New Happy Home seems like she might be a good choice...shannybananny... Jersey Man... oh and Tahiti - forget it! I have a feeling she throws like a girl .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey