Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 08:28 PM

43 posts, read 89,605 times

Advertisements

Previous related post: Asian Indian moving to Jersey.

Yes, I have learned my lesson--with the economy going into a depression, I cannot quit my job and move blindly no matter how much I hate my job.

I did not mean that I was going to post my "final " post, I thought I'd wrap that topic up but now there is some more.

Cleavedark, what has happened to you? One minute I am the best
husband and the next minute I'm a Joker?

Sorry I got my geography wrong ok, edison, delaware river yeah, yeah

I don't know where to move; that's where I stand.

Hey guys, I just presented what I gathered and now I'll share some sites with you.

Please take some time to watch all of these videos (about 20min) and then
tell me how bad it really is?

Edison Wetlands video

YouTube - Edison Wetlands: Free Speech

Contaminated schools

YouTube - PCBs in New Jersey Schools, Edison Wetlands Association

Army cleans up mess (arsenic)

YouTube - Toxic Cleanup

More Edison wetland

YouTube - When Dirt Bags Don't Do Their Job

Earthday 2002

YouTube - Edison Wetlands: Earth Day 2002
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 08:49 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,299 times
bhaisaab pollution is no worse here than India where smoke is enough to tear ur eyes, not even comparible. I doubt u will see any difference from the bay area. If by any chance u do buy on an old wasteland u are likely to get a good deal. I have family who lives on a former wasteland and I don't see what the problem is so long as u aren't eating the dirt outside, u might want a purifyer on ur kitchen faucet but that's about it. U will also think twice about planting a garden but this can be done without using the your property soil. But NJ as a whole, it's just impossible to know a place without visiting there. U shouldnt start to many topics on the same issue of moving or people will think u are flaming the board.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:51 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times
I wont waste my time watching your silly videos since you did not take the time to read my post. Where you live now is far more toxic then any place in NJ. And I provided the government sources. What proof have you provided? Some home made YouTube videos?

Your starting to troll.........
Attached Thumbnails
New Jersey: Toxic Wasteland?? Moving to Jersey?-trollspray.jpg  

Old 11-20-2008, 09:57 PM

137 posts, read 522,618 times
I come from the other side of the Earth and pollution there is a thousand times worse than Jersey, therefore NJ seems relatively clean to me. In NJ we got all these info about waste sites because NJDEP do soil and water testing and sue the original owner of the property (e.g. factory) to recoup the clean up cost. In other places around the world I don't know if that's even found out and folks could be living happily on waste sites without any knowledge about it. Yes there are places in the Northeast that I wouldn't live in due to the polluted groundwater and alleged cancer clusters (you can find those info on the web), but I wouldn't say the whole Jersey is bad.

Have you checked the Texas board? I've heard that many Asian Indian are there too. Schools are good and the houses are very cheap (and property tax are low) compared to Jersey. You will find HP, Texas Instruments... However I don't know anything about pollution in TX (I've never been there).

If you are worried about pollution so bad, flee from Silicon Valley and move to places like Moab, UT... but I doubt your wife will find any Indian there, unless it's the other kind of Indian.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:59 AM

23,563 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Default Don't forget...

The Raritan arsenal has tons of munitions, etc buried thorought the former site with some stuff still being uncovered. That would be rt514 east to the river bordered on the north by 287 and the south almost to the turnpike.

Don't forget the river is an artery so you better look upstream. Look up the Crysowati(sp?)/ Hockenbury rd farm dump site in Three Bridges. That was a former US, No#1 Superfund site.

Hatco, Grace chemical and Hayden Chemical companies flourished along the river below the Raritan Arsenal for a generation or two. Bad stuff went into the river and air for years.

Go to the Fish and Wildlife website and find the warnings on consumption of fish.

Fact is, Maine, known as a pristine state, has essentially the same warning on fish consumption. Point is, pollution is every where.

To complete the picture check out cancer rates for the area and compare. Lot of area natives living well into their 80s. No 'cancer clusters" that I know of. South Jersey had some clusters. There was a cluster in Bridgewater near Fisher Scientific where many childen came down with leukemia.

The River has recovered so well that unprecedented stripped bass, blues, hickory and american shad fisheries are finding their way upriver past the Crab Island, the arsenal, Kin-buc and getting caught in Bound Brook and north Branch.

You have probably incurred the prerequsites for whatever disease process, that may in the future, afflict you. The pollution of the past lives on and is more of a legal and ethical issue at this point. Be concerned with vinyl siding and current manufacturing processes. Suggest you look up "Blue Vinyl" on-line and review that film made by a person living with cancer.

Society has decided to accept the pain and suffering of cancer for its members. That should be your main concern. That's the real problem. Cancer is so insidious and destructive but the causes are many. Essentially no epidemiology is done on cancer cases and no one will commit to what caused your cancer or other ailments except in the legal system. We were born with a terminal case of life.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:26 PM

15 posts, read 87,493 times
look here:

Cleanup Sites | Region 2 | US EPA

Old 11-21-2008, 06:50 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,528,127 times
Vishnu, you broke my heart. I thought you were a nice guy, but then you got all freaky on me. Everyone in NJ knows about this. There has been a lot of industry in NJ in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. You'll find similar situations in the upper midwest, etc.

And in Asia the troubles are just beginning. What about that gigantic black toxic cloud that floats over Asia, the Pacific, and the Amazon due to coal burning and burning down large tracts of forest to plant crops? What about Bhopal? What about melamine in chinese food? Why are Polynesian people vagabonds who have abandoned their islands and are flocking to Hawaii and Australia? We're killing this earth and each other.

Good luck in your quest. And DON'T rant to your wife's friends about this stuff, they won't appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey