Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:37 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,489,044 times

Advertisements

I had no idea my DH turned the heat on the other night until I woke up in the middle of the night and opened a window a little more than a crack. Then it really got hot. He wasn't thrilled the next morning when he walked by the open window and realized that the heat had been cranking for a good 6 hours straight...right out the window. I'm still using the "I just had a baby, I assume it's my hormones" excuse. It got me out of the "why didn't you check the thermostat or feel a vent before you opened a freaking window in the middle of the night when it's in the 30's?" question.

On the colder nights we've had the kids are cozy in their warm fuzzy pj's and they also have down comforters on their beds as of a few days ago - they're good. Baby's room is the warmest in the house so he's good too.

I turned the thermostats to off two days ago. It's going to have to get a lot colder than today was...what a joke! It was only 65 by me, but the humidity made it feel 10 degrees warmer. Had to completely make everyone change their clothes after they had already gotten dressed for chilly weather. I'm hoping to hold out until next week sometime. If the baby's nose feels cold I'll turn it on.

As a side: was watching the weather channel early this morning praying that my kids soccer games would be rained out, which they weren't...the record high for 10/25 was only a few years ago - 82F.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 07:42 PM

517 posts, read 1,807,543 times
I turned on my oil furnace and surprise- smoke was coming out. Had it serviced today and now I have heat. Not using it though- not cold enough and have to save on oil. I would say, turn it on by first week on November.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:55 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,670,983 times
Funny, I just turned my AC off and opened all the windows. It is a perfect 70 degrees! Tomorrow will be 82 and sunny! I guess it will drop low by you on Wed. and Thurs. because here they are saying a low of 50 at night and low 70's during the day for us here.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:59 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,670,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Well, my relatives in FL are putting the heat on if it goes below 55. LOL
My son is in Jersey now with my mother since August. He cannot wait to come back here to his house. He is freezing there! Your blood thins when you live here in Florida.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:12 PM

4 posts, read 7,267 times
I don't get you folks! The heat here was turned on two or three weeks ago. Wife and I are comfortable at 70-71. Installed a programmable thermostat that is programmed for 67 at night and when out of the house. This is kinda where the house settles on its own. Too cold for us during waking hours. Sorry, folks, can't join you in the cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey