Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 01:04 PM

3 posts, read 23,759 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am just about to have a new baby and am very worried about all the vaccines. I am looking for a delayed vaccine schedule-friendly doctor. Does anyone know of this kind of rare animal?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 01:16 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlspecialties View Post
Hello, I am just about to have a new baby and am very worried about all the vaccines. I am looking for a delayed vaccine schedule-friendly doctor. Does anyone know of this kind of rare animal?

Well actually the bottom line is this...you are the parent, you call he shots on when your child is vaccinated..just make sure all complete before they start school

Old 10-17-2008, 01:17 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times
You may want to look in to a holistic doctor. I have an herbalist friend, but I know she's not too happy w/ her pediatrician selections either - I'll ask for you though.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:27 AM

3 posts, read 23,759 times
Default Vaccine Friendly NJ Doctor

Yeah, its not easy when you have to argue with a doctor everytime you go the pediatrician about shots. I want to go to a place that will agree to begin the shots after age 2 and give me mercury free/aluminum free shots. I already have kidney issues with my first child that it is speculated could be the cause of the Vitamin K shot or the MMR shot. So I am very concerned about hurting my next little one. Thanks, I appreciate your looking into a holistic doctor.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:54 AM

72 posts, read 309,143 times
I would call around to a few pediatricians and see if you can set up an appointment to speak with them in person or on the phone to feel them out regarding vaccination schedules. I have a friend who didn't want her children getting too many shots in one visit - she and her husband made up their own schedule and the doctor conformed to it.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:17 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,103 times
There are couple of NJ Vaccine groups that have lists of drs that are friendly to parents who don't vaccinate or who delay. Go to yahoo.groups.com and search for these groups:

nonjvaccmandates and NJVaccinationSupport

You'll get all the info you could ever wish for.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:02 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Having to go from memory due to not having my links.. I have an autistic nephew, his mother did a lot of research at one time, I recall her sending me NJ sites that dealt with autism, Aspergers & mercury.

I'm thankful I don't have to go through this. Parents these days don't have it easy. I read a few articles linked at mercury free vaccination link below, pretty scary how much mercury is in some of the shots. I read that 3 of the shots contained more mercury then what is allowed in drinking water.

There was a rally in Trenton Thursday. Concerned parents should sign up at whatever sites they can find to give/get support. It's BS the state mandates what kids have to have.

mercury free vaccination NJ

NJ immunization site (http://njiis.nj.gov/njiis/ - broken link)

DOC VS. DOC OVER FLU VACCINE IN NEW JERSEY

Old 10-18-2008, 09:38 PM

2 posts, read 19,528 times
I'm with NJKate... we are our babies first DOCTORS and their only advocate! You just need to find a pediatrician that is not full of themselves and believes that parents still have a choice! Tell them how you want things done for YOUR child and they will comply. Also... you don't HAVE to have them vaccinated in time for school... you can send a letter of exemption to your school either stating religious or medical exemption... believe it or not, we do still have the power... assert it before it's taken away! Vote and petition wherever you can to not allow these state mandated vaccines... before we know it our kids will be lined up in caffeterias at school for all their shot!! I don't want that to happen again!

some good informative sites are New Jersey Coalition for Vaccination Choice and
AGE OF AUTISM

GOOD LUCK!
Check out

Old 10-18-2008, 10:01 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,660,266 times
I do not blame you. The docs today over vaccinate. Check into a holistic doc as mentioned in an above post.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:40 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times
I spoke w/ my friend the herbalist and she said "GOOD LUCK!" she can't find anyone she's pleased with for her kids too.

I take the "Tahiti Approach" to vaccines, that's been posted here before.

I think there has to be balance, if we did not vaccinate I think we'd be shocked by the amount of diseases we'd be seeing that we do not now (especially with the world being more "open" now) but I think that the pharmeceutical lobbies really push to vaccinate no matter what. There are certainly reasons for consern out there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey