Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:01 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,212 times

Advertisements

Does anyone commute from Manalapan or Marlboro area to Manhattan every day? Where exactly is the train station located and is it better to take the train in or the bus? Also, how much are the monthly passes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 06:40 AM

279 posts, read 1,348,054 times
Hi there...I just moved to Marlboro (Morganville). I take the bus in to work. Since I don't have a permit yet, I park in the daily parking lot at Union Hill and take the bus from the Union Hill Park/Ride. I get the 10 tickets since I got into the city 3 days a week and this costs 73.50 for 12 zones. Not sure about the train situation. Good luck

Old 10-15-2008, 06:53 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,163,697 times
There is no train that is really near Marlboro/Manalapan. your best bet is going to be taking the bus. tooshort, how long would you say your average commute is?

I know the monthly cost from Manalapan is around $300/month - maybe a little bit less.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:26 PM

687 posts, read 3,251,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monack View Post
There is no train that is really near Marlboro/Manalapan. your best bet is going to be taking the bus. tooshort, how long would you say your average commute is?

I know the monthly cost from Manalapan is around $300/month - maybe a little bit less.
This isn't true, though the distance depends on what side of Marlboro you're in. We live in Morganville, and Aberdeen-Matawan is 10 minutes from our house. My DH takes the train every day, and the monthly pass is, like, $309. Assuming he catches an express, the ride is less than an hour to NY Penn.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:35 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,356 times
If you live by Route 9- Take Academy Bus. Takes about 1 Hour 15 minutes on average. Longer coming home as I seem to wait for bus to arrive on average 20 minutes or more.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monack View Post

I leave my house at 6:20 in the morning and park at the Union Hill Park/Ride by 6:30 otherwise, it's hard to get a parking spot. I walk over to the bus stop and take either the NJ transit or the Academy bus (they both take the NJ Transit passes and tickets). I usually take the 6:35 or 6:40 bus and I'm in Port Authority by 7:45 usually. Sometimes a few minutes later or earlier depending on traffice. It's actually not bad...before I did the commute, I thought it was going to be a lot longer. Coming home, I take the 5 pm Express to Union Hill which brings me into the Union Hill Park/Ride at 6 pm. This has been pretty consistent for the past month. The commute is a lot easier than I thought it was going to be but I also think it's b/c I leave early in the morning and try to get out of the city before the madness begins.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:45 PM

3 posts, read 39,947 times
Default Manalapan Park and Ride

Sorry to bother you...just a quick question..I recently moved to Manalapan and I have to park in the park and ride on Franklin Lane off Route 9. It says to remember your slot # or whatever they call it, but there isn't any #'s on the ground in each spot like the parking lot next to WaWa, so where is the spot # located if its not on the ground? Sorry, this must sound very stupid to you lol Like I said I'm new to the area so this is all very new to me lol Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!

Old 07-12-2010, 01:16 PM

11 posts, read 71,139 times
Tooshort - when you didn't have a permit for union hill and parked in the daily lot, where is that??? i drove up there one morning to park there and never found it! it's $2 to park in that lot if you dont have a permit right?

Old 07-12-2010, 04:04 PM

13 posts, read 378,646 times
My husband and I both commute to the city, but don't always leave at the same time and come home at the same time. We called the Township about geting a second permit and were told that only one is allowed per household in all the lots. Our only option now is for one of us to walk to the bus stop along 520 where there are no sidewalks for half the walk and cars are speeding by at 45 mph. Does anyone else have an issue with needing to park two cars? Are there any private lots?

Old 07-13-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMont484 View Post
Tooshort - when you didn't have a permit for union hill and parked in the daily lot, where is that??? i drove up there one morning to park there and never found it! it's $2 to park in that lot if you dont have a permit right?
Hi there...the lot is about 1/4 mile away from the actual bus stop. if you're coming from Tennent Road/Union Hill Road, it will be on your right side before the bus stop. If you're coming from Rt 9, then it will be past the light on the left side.

I have since gotten a permit for Texas Road so I don't use the Union Hill stop anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey