Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2021, 03:05 PM

35 posts, read 81,872 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are considering a house in the Estates at Princeton Junction. Just recently read about there having been a lawsuit in 2013 against the developer Toll Brothers regarding some construction issues, but I am not able to find any more information on it. Does anybody know what came out of this lawsuit, or is someone able to look up the information? It should be this one here, a search on NJ courts website reveals no information.

Estates at Princeton Junction Homeowners Association, Inc. v. Estates at Princeton Junction, LLC, et al, Docket No.: MER-L-883-13

Also, we noticed that the ground around the house is very soggy, even when it hasn't rained in a few days. Is anybody aware of issues in the community with bad drainage or high water table?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 07:01 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Do what we did when interested in any resales in any development.

Knock on doors and ask.

Old 07-04-2021, 08:57 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by konradsa View Post
Hi,

We are considering a house in the Estates at Princeton Junction. Just recently read about there having been a lawsuit in 2013 against the developer Toll Brothers regarding some construction issues, but I am not able to find any more information on it. Does anybody know what came out of this lawsuit, or is someone able to look up the information? It should be this one here, a search on NJ courts website reveals no information.

Estates at Princeton Junction Homeowners Association, Inc. v. Estates at Princeton Junction, LLC, et al, Docket No.: MER-L-883-13

Also, we noticed that the ground around the house is very soggy, even when it hasn't rained in a few days. Is anybody aware of issues in the community with bad drainage or high water table?

Thanks
That subdivision was in litigation for at least 10 years. West Windsor and Toll Brothers battled it out and WW lost. The homes started selling in 2003 and sold like hot cakes, premium prices.
The township was opposed to the development because of the environmental impact, the Bear Brook area is quite low and subject to high water issues.
The 2013 lawsuit was for construction defects to the homes, structural flaws that caused leakage, and flaws to the common areas, roads, sidewalks,drainage, etc.
I don't know what became of that lawsuit, but you can look at the water issue here-
https://www.communitynews.org/news/c...4d39a1cf4.html

Old 07-05-2021, 09:51 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by konradsa View Post
Hi,

Thanks

I had posted a bunch of articles somewhere on City-Data about a year or so ago. I don't recall what happened or if it even said. There were a bunch of lawsuits against other builders.

I personally wouldn't buy a wet lot, especially after that condo collapse in Florida that it looks like went down due to concrete being soaked and rebar rotting.

Best suggestion I have is to go to facebook, do a search to see if they have a FB group and if they'll let you in. Also search for a FB page where you can try to message them to ask questions. They may talk, they may not. You can also do a search to see if there is a town FB group that you can join to ask. Just about every town has a FB group.

Last suggestion is go to the NextDoor site to ask. You may run into someone there that knows.

You have a better chance of finding out by doing the above. I run a FB group for my development built by Richmond that's private. People have to provide their address and I have to be able to confirm they live here using public records.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:00 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Consider a custom-built home instead. The big home manufacturers are going to cut corners and you don't know who the sub-contractors will be on any of these homes. Your chances of retaining value and quality are much better with a custom-built home.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:04 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
I dug up this article-
https://www.communitynews.org/news/c...4d39a1cf4.html

The Toll development of the Estates at Princeton Jct was built on the Bear Brook Swamp. Toll tried to mitigate the high water table (which is the curse of WW) by building up the site.
That tract of land was once used to farm but it was too wet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: