Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:33 PM

74 posts, read 305,020 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any affordable painters in Northern NJ that do great work? I just moved to the bloomfield/Clifton area and need to get a few rooms painted in my house but i want it done right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 05:57 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,529,958 times
We used World of Color when we lived in Maplewood. They were quick and inexpensive. The main guy is William.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:45 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,815,762 times
You could try Robert Rosetti in Bloomfield 973-338-7673. He's very neat and trustworthy. He did a lot of drywall for me and I left him alone at my house to work. He did a great job.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:11 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,768,301 times
We used Painting America. Fred did a great job; professional; showed up on time and finished on time!! We had four quotes he was right in the middle. I highly recommend them. 973-699-0048

Old 05-07-2008, 05:46 PM

23,884 posts, read 33,621,189 times
I can post who not to call, All Season in Roselle, especially if you are painting to sell a house.

This leech strung us along for months a few days after my dad was diagnosed with cancer. He kept us going the whole time saying he was buying the house after he set the price. No call, no return call nothing after months of holding up us getting in, painting & cleaning then listing. He contributed to the stress that eventually wore my dad down and he lost his fight.

If I ever see him again he will get my shoe.....

He's lucky I haven't called the better business bureau

Old 09-29-2008, 07:45 AM

9 posts, read 26,598 times
Yes, Painting America was great! They completely sanded and painted the exterior of our house and did the interior (basement to attic) before we moved in. Really great to work, super nice workers. We left them with the key and didn't return until the job was complete. Highly recommended 973-699-0048.

I will also say that we used World of Colors (as a poster previously mentioned) in our old house and it was probably the worst contracting experience we've ever had. Sloppy work, rude workers, etc. Two completely opposite experiences. We went with them because they were the lowest price at the time -wish we had not.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:06 AM

2 posts, read 7,757 times
I saw this topic and clicked to recommend Painting America, but you guys beat me to it. We're a home building company and they're who we use for all of our new homes/remodels. Glad to see their getting some shine here -they receive our highest recommendation. They work on our projects everywhere from Chatham to Montclair to Long Beach Island.

I always try to recommend our good contractors and they are one of them.

Good luck!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 7,097 times
Thanks to these postings I gave Paint America a call. Fred is coming to give an estimate today. Just curious to know if there are any recent updates/recommendations on Paint America and any other painting vendors?

Old 02-10-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusIS250 View Post
Anyone know of any affordable painters in Northern NJ that do great work? I just moved to the bloomfield/Clifton area and need to get a few rooms painted in my house but i want it done right.
World of Colors.......ask for William (owner)

Old 02-10-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel9 View Post
Yes, Painting America was great! They completely sanded and painted the exterior of our house and did the interior (basement to attic) before we moved in. Really great to work, super nice workers. We left them with the key and didn't return until the job was complete. Highly recommended 973-699-0048.

I will also say that we used World of Colors (as a poster previously mentioned) in our old house and it was probably the worst contracting experience we've ever had. Sloppy work, rude workers, etc. Two completely opposite experiences. We went with them because they were the lowest price at the time -wish we had not.
I was probably the one who mentioned them. We had 3 very good experiences with them but it was a few years back. I'd still use them again though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey