Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2020, 07:10 AM

18 posts, read 20,519 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I am considering a move to Concordia, NJ, and have almost no information about it. How far is it to the Jersey shore? How is the shopping? Are there any younger people there at all? Best hospital and facilities nearby? Real estate market? Yes, looking for a lot of input from actual residents. I am obviously doing tons of search online but open to all opinions. How is the job market for mechanics in the area? How safe is it? Whatever you have to say I am willing to listen and TIA for all your answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 08:35 AM

19,145 posts, read 25,367,790 times
Are you referring to the Concordia gated community, located in Monroe Township?
If so, then you have to be aware that the homeowner must be at least 55 years of age, and many--perhaps most--of the residents are in their 70s & 80s. The only younger people are going to be relatives of the homeowners, or possibly live-in caregivers.

If I lived there, my hospital of choice would be Princeton Medical Center, which is located in Plainsboro, and is about 15 miles from the Concordia community.

Yes, Monroe Township is a very safe area.

Last edited by Retriever; 05-25-2020 at 09:07 AM..

Old 05-29-2020, 09:16 AM

56 posts, read 91,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Bauer View Post
Hi all, I am considering a move to Concordia, NJ, and have almost no information about it. How far is it to the Jersey shore? How is the shopping? Are there any younger people there at all? Best hospital and facilities nearby? Real estate market? Yes, looking for a lot of input from actual residents. I am obviously doing tons of search online but open to all opinions. How is the job market for mechanics in the area? How safe is it? Whatever you have to say I am willing to listen and TIA for all your answers.
My parents live in the concordia 55+ development but there address is Monroe Township. I have seen younger people with young children in the area but there is definitely a larger population of 55+ being that many of the developments there cater to that population. Job market seems light there as my wife and I have looked there to be closer to my parents but seems like slim pickings. My wife is a bilingual teacher and I work in Human Services for example.

Area seems very safe and quiet. I know my parents drive about 20 minutes to get to most things other than the supermarket which is next to the development. They often go to the outlets nearby or the Freehold Raceway Mall. Schools seems to rate well in Monroe Township but neighboring Jamesburg the school rates low.

Anything else you want to know? Feel free to ask.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by square85 View Post
My parents live in the concordia 55+ development but there address is Monroe Township.
That is because "Concordia" is--at best--a census-designated place, and not an actual municipality.
It is located within Monroe Township, hence their mailing address.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:19 PM

56 posts, read 91,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
That is because "Concordia" is--at best--a census-designated place, and not an actual municipality.
It is located within Monroe Township, hence their mailing address.

I'm fully aware that Concordia is a municipality and why the address is Monroe Township. No reason to put it in bold and the emoji.

I am answering the OP's question just like you.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by square85 View Post
I'm fully aware that Concordia is a municipality and why the address is Monroe Township. No reason to put it in bold and the emoji.
No, Concordia is not a municipality. It is merely a census-designated place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: