Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 05:59 AM

50,958 posts, read 36,657,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
I think a lot of people would like to wreck that display, I wouldn't make any assumptions about anyone.

I can't believe this guy is a dentist! Dr. Handsy

Creep
It’s probably this guy:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nM0U17oKqjI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 06:43 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,703,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Stuff is getting real, and Dr. Gangi is going after his pound of flesh.

https://www.nj.com/passaic-county/20...ef-charge.html
Good, Look I don't like the display and it's as some else said tacky but lets change it up . It's Christmas and I put up a "display" now anyone can come on my private property and take it down? Ohhh hell no.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:07 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,972,828 times
Oh, Wayne Gangi DDS, you mischievous scamp. Cheeky old boy.

If you REALLY wanted to be controversial, you should've also purchased a male mannequin on Amazon, dressed it up like Hugh Hefner, and nailed it to a cross to stick on your lawn. Playboy Jesus to watch over your Playboy Easter Bunnies.

When it comes to sacrilege, go big, or go home baby.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:00 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,244,266 times
It is definitely SJW. Even if the person does not fit the image of a SJW, doesn't mean they aren't riding on the coattails of the SJW movement, which is basically being offended at everything.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:12 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It is definitely SJW. Even if the person does not fit the image of a SJW, doesn't mean they aren't riding on the coattails of the SJW movement, which is basically being offended at everything.
^^Says the LBJW (Leaf Blower Justice Warrior).

Old 04-13-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
^^Says the LBJW (Leaf Blower Justice Warrior).
Let's see...noisy and polluting leaf blowers and mowers that occurs daily from morning to dusk (a very common complaint by many people actually) versus a harmless Easter display.

Yeah, totally the same thing.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
So then the people who are upset that people don’t say merry Christmas anymore, are also SJW? Just doing a hypocrisy check if the answer is yes then that’s fine. I don’t actually understand the connection between being offended and campaigning for social justice. A lot of people who complain about being offended by things don’t care about social justice at all.

I do find it funny though how many threads are being started by people who are offended by people who are offended....

Old 04-13-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Let's see...noisy and polluting leaf blowers and mowers that occurs daily from morning to dusk (a very common complaint by many people actually) versus a harmless Easter display.

Yeah, totally the same thing.
Different people have different priorities. To you quiet in the neighborhood is important, so you are offended by noise. To this woman, her religion is important to her, so a display that mocks that religion is offensive to her. Are we now going to judge whether every single individual’s priorities are important enough for them to be offended?

Old 04-13-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
So then the people who are upset that people don’t say merry Christmas anymore, are also SJW? Just doing a hypocrisy check if the answer is yes then that’s fine. I don’t actually understand the connection between being offended and campaigning for social justice. A lot of people who complain about being offended by things don’t care about social justice at all.

I do find it funny though how many threads are being started by people who are offended by people who are offended....
No, you clearly lost track of how things went.

SJW -> against including Christmas in public announcements -> people taking issue with SJW. The people taking issue with the SJW are not also SJW.

And why do you have a problem with bringing attention to these things? Why are you opposed to everyone being able to see the ridiculousness of these so called social issues?

Old 04-13-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Different people have different priorities. To you quiet in the neighborhood is important, so you are offended by noise. To this woman, her religion is important to her, so a display that mocks that religion is offensive to her. Are we now going to judge whether every single individual’s priorities are important enough for them to be offended?
She can choose to not look at the display. And it is very temporary. I cannot choose to avoid the noise or the pollution that happens from day to night for 8 months out of the year.

I think the difference between what is serious and what is not is pretty obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey