Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2018, 11:45 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,445,714 times

Advertisements

I hear it is a crime ridden section. How bad is it? For example, is gun violence a big issue there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 10:41 AM

79 posts, read 72,294 times
where are you originally from? if you are not from an urban area, no matter how safe Sandy Hill is compared to the rest of Paterson, you will be terribly out of place in Paterson.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinsuranceguy201 View Post
where are you originally from? if you are not from an urban area, no matter how safe Sandy Hill is compared to the rest of Paterson, you will be terribly out of place in Paterson.
Perth Amboy. However when I was in Sandy Hill as well as other sections I saw so many RIP signs. This isn’t common in Perth Amboy and if you see them it’s usually because of a car accident. Whereas in Paterson I believe it is chiefly due to gun violence.

However I do know 21st Avenue and I believe the eastside areas are safe. Is this true?

Old 11-14-2018, 04:15 PM

34 posts, read 53,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Perth Amboy. However when I was in Sandy Hill as well as other sections I saw so many RIP signs. This isn’t common in Perth Amboy and if you see them it’s usually because of a car accident. Whereas in Paterson I believe it is chiefly due to gun violence.

However I do know 21st Avenue and I believe the eastside areas are safe. Is this true?
I hear that Sandy Hill is the most dangerous neighborhood in the city. Someone even specifically told me that it’s only dangerous between the hours of 5PM-6AM. Between the hours of 6AM-7AM and 12PM-5PM the crime is in the middle. As of 7AM-11AM it is safe. I do believe that most of the crime isn’t gun violence, rather it’s assault and battery.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophermuniz1993 View Post
I hear that Sandy Hill is the most dangerous neighborhood in the city. Someone even specifically told me that it’s only dangerous between the hours of 5PM-6AM. Between the hours of 6AM-7AM and 12PM-5PM the crime is in the middle. As of 7AM-11AM it is safe. I do believe that most of the crime isn’t gun violence, rather it’s assault and battery.
Thanks from what I understand most of the crime in the neighborhood as well as the city is usually committed against people who are already looking for trouble as opposed to an innocent bystander. Is that true?

Old 11-16-2018, 12:36 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,015,478 times
I would definitely avoid it. If you must live in Paterson, look at the areas that border Totowa (Chamberlain Ave. area), Clifton (Lakeview Ave. area), or the Eastside (the closer to Route 20, the better). Those are the better parts of Paterson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey