Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:01 PM

323 posts, read 575,461 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
yeah its me again ,i asked about franklin the other day ,now im asking about cable tv and internet and phone service . Which do you recommend ,seems servive electric for tv and internet and sprint (embrq) for phone in franklin

any suggestions are greatly appreciated ,tyvm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 11:14 PM

514 posts, read 1,669,704 times
We just moved into Hillsborough, and went with Embarq. Their phone service with long distance is around $47 a month, dsl is $29, and they made the appointment for dish network for our tv. So far so good.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
Thats what I have the internet and cable is like $90 and the phone is Embarq runs about $60 but I can call anywhere I am porobably the only one without a cell. Embarq has internet but not hi speed. But what stinks about up here I h ave been here since August and when it snows, we lose cable and tv, that happened at least 4 times already.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:07 AM

259 posts, read 925,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikinman63 View Post
Hello all,
yeah its me again ,i asked about franklin the other day ,now im asking about cable tv and internet and phone service . Which do you recommend ,seems servive electric for tv and internet and sprint (embrq) for phone in franklin

any suggestions are greatly appreciated ,tyvm
For Sussex, I would recommend you have one of your many siblings stand on top of the trailer with an umbrella covered in tin foil pointing it at the sky. You should be able to see reruns of Hee Haw fairly clear. Best of luck.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 AM

and where do you reside mr o so perfect?

Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 AM

259 posts, read 925,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
and where do you reside mr o so perfect?
I'm sorry this is a public forum, not a dating website. Thank you.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Thats what I have the internet and cable is like $90 and the phone is Embarq runs about $60 but I can call anywhere I am porobably the only one without a cell. Embarq has internet but not hi speed. But what stinks about up here I h ave been here since August and when it snows, we lose cable and tv, that happened at least 4 times already.
I have Embarq - I get DSL, 5MB downstream (which is definitely high speed) and now they offer 10MB service. Their dsl package isn't available?

Old 03-04-2008, 08:21 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
I'm in Warren County. I tried to get the Comcast Triple Play, for phone, internet and cable, but could not get the digital phone service, since it's not yet available in my neighborhood. Tried calling Verizon to hook up the full deal with them, but they don't service my neighborhood. Ended up with Comcast for cable and high speed interenet ($83 per month) and Embarq for phone service ($49) month. Not really crazy about spending money on a home phone since I pay $100 per month for cell phones for myself and my other half, but....as you guesed it...there is no cell service in my neighborhood, it's like a black hole or something. Verizon even sent out the "can you hear me now" guys to check it out, called me 2 days later and said, "your right ma'am, there is no service on your street at all!" Well, I guess I will just have to continue walking the 1/4 mile out to the main road if I want to use my cell phone, can probably pick up my mail, some farm fresh eggs and milk a cow or two on my way back anyway.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 AM

Cu you are right they dont have DSL.......I think now I am confused but there was a reason I didnt choose them.... and calico that was funny about the cows.!

Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Cu you are right they dont have DSL.......I think now I am confused but there was a reason I didnt choose them.... and calico that was funny about the cows.!
Well, Embarq definitely has DSL - you may just be too far from a local pop to get service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey