Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2008, 12:56 PM

9 posts, read 35,988 times

Advertisements

Any information would be greatly appreciated... thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 01:01 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Mt. Olive is an ok area. You might want to do a search or just go back a couple of pages. There have been several threads on Mt. Olive in the last week or so regarding schools, commute etc.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:19 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
I lived in Mount Olive, Budd Lake for 9 years. What do you want to know about it?

It's a bedroom community. You live there and work some place else. Always having to deal with that Horse and Buggy trail Rt206 or the parking lot Rt80 to get to where you need to.

The town has grown up. I lived on top of Budd Lake Mountian across from the Beulers (spelling) Farm which is now one of the most beautiful parks in all of Morris County. Up on this mountian we saw snow in May many years. On the Rt46 side there is every type of business you would ever need. The Rt206 side you just squeeze the steeriing wheel and hold on for deer life. A very popular restaurant place was "The After" at the light but I forget the cross street. Criss/cross the intersection is Ye-Ol-Mill shop, an antique store claiming to be the oldest structure in Morris County. They since added a 2nd climbing lane on 206 but it does little good.

Schools were just fine. It is still quite there. Flanders is getting old and dirty now while it used to have clout over Budd Lake. Same ol politicos in office forever, no new blood in years, they just change positions. The lake is not very nice but still holds the title for the late great Jackie Gleason being the first person to drive a motorized boat on it. Just like Lake Hopatcong the best memories of lake vacationing are long long gone but unlike Lake Hopatcong, Budd Lake lake recreation is a thing of the past. And no one wants to fix it. Same problem is nearby one mile away Lake Musconetcong. A vast wasteland of weeds which has long since choked off all forms of marine life.

I cant say anything real bad about it. Go for it and good luck !

Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
did you read the answers to your other thread? was that not good enough?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ml#post2591976

Old 01-24-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I lived in Mount Olive, Budd Lake for 9 years. What do you want to know about it?

It's a bedroom community. You live there and work some place else. Always having to deal with that Horse and Buggy trail Rt206 or the parking lot Rt80 to get to where you need to.

The town has grown up. I lived on top of Budd Lake Mountian across from the Beulers (spelling) Farm which is now one of the most beautiful parks in all of Morris County. Up on this mountian we saw snow in May many years. On the Rt46 side there is every type of business you would ever need. The Rt206 side you just squeeze the steeriing wheel and hold on for deer life. A very popular restaurant place was "The After" at the light but I forget the cross street. Criss/cross the intersection is Ye-Ol-Mill shop, an antique store claiming to be the oldest structure in Morris County. They since added a 2nd climbing lane on 206 but it does little good.

Schools were just fine. It is still quite there. Flanders is getting old and dirty now while it used to have clout over Budd Lake. Same ol politicos in office forever, no new blood in years, they just change positions. The lake is not very nice but still holds the title for the late great Jackie Gleason being the first person to drive a motorized boat on it. Just like Lake Hopatcong the best memories of lake vacationing are long long gone but unlike Lake Hopatcong, Budd Lake lake recreation is a thing of the past. And no one wants to fix it. Same problem is nearby one mile away Lake Musconetcong. A vast wasteland of weeds which has long since choked off all forms of marine life.

I cant say anything real bad about it. Go for it and good luck !
people fish there all the time?

Old 01-24-2008, 02:52 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
people fish there all the time?
Ha...I caught you....not sleeping. I meant Lake Musconetcong was weed choked and void of marine life.

You are right indeed, Budd Lake has Largemouth Bass, Perch and Bluegill. Fishing ain't great but it is ok.

But people fish all the time. They dont catch anything but they are fishing. I can tell you Budd Lake is one hard hard place to catch. This coming from a retired semi-pro paid Bass fisherman.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Ha...I caught you....not sleeping. I meant Lake Musconetcong was weed choked and void of marine life.

You are right indeed, Budd Lake has Largemouth Bass, Perch and Bluegill. Fishing ain't great but it is ok.

But people fish all the time. They dont catch anything but they are fishing. I can tell you Budd Lake is one hard hard place to catch. This coming from a retired semi-pro paid Bass fisherman.
wait, i'm wrong. i saw musconetcong and didn't think "lake" but the river - ppl fish in the river all the time and it's supposed to be good.

so bottom line, i was referring to the musconetcong RIVER, not the lake and not crud lake, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey