Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 08:58 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,788,582 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know why there are so many houses for sale in Hopewell Hunt? (Morris Dr, Caroline Dr).

Seems like a nice neighborhood, but wasn't quite as nice as expected when we drove through. I think this was due to unkempt landscaping on some properties, but also felt "busier" than expected, considering the 2+ acre properties.

We'd prefer Princeton for the schools and town, but can get better house in Hopewell. We also need to be on west side of Princeton for easy access to TCNJ (daily sports practice after school) and also closer to new Hamilton NJ Transit train station. Ruled out Lawrenceville due to school ratings much lower.

Also, why do you think WWP schools are higher rated than Princeton? What is the difference; is Princeton more socioeconomically diverse? And how does Hopewell compare? Would love to hear any direct experiences with these school districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 03:36 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,850,718 times
The closest NJ Transit station to Princeton is Princeton Junction on the NorthEast Corridor Line. www.njtransit.com

There's also the one-stop Dinky train that connects the town of Princeton to Princeton Junction station.

Hamilton station is not the stop for Princeton.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
Does anyone know why there are so many houses for sale in Hopewell Hunt? (Morris Dr, Caroline Dr).

Seems like a nice neighborhood, but wasn't quite as nice as expected when we drove through. I think this was due to unkempt landscaping on some properties, but also felt "busier" than expected, considering the 2+ acre properties.

We'd prefer Princeton for the schools and town, but can get better house in Hopewell. We also need to be on west side of Princeton for easy access to TCNJ (daily sports practice after school) and also closer to new Hamilton NJ Transit train station. Ruled out Lawrenceville due to school ratings much lower.

Also, why do you think WWP schools are higher rated than Princeton? What is the difference; is Princeton more socioeconomically diverse? And how does Hopewell compare? Would love to hear any direct experiences with these school districts.

There are a lot of homes for sale in Hopewell Hunt because the houses were built in 1999-2002. Lots of young families moved into this neighborhood then, but most families' children have graduated the Hopewell school system (which is great) so there is no need to pay $20k+ taxes per year. Of the people I've talked to, they are leaving Hopewell and NJ altogether.

The neighborhood is very quiet and a great place to raise a family.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,192 times
I'm also considering moving from NYC to Hopewell Junction/East Fishkill. Could someone give me an idea of the parking situation at Beacon? I know there's a waitlist for a permit. How early do you need to be there to make sure you get a metered spot? Are there spots available at 7:15am?

Old 07-20-2015, 04:46 AM

4,724 posts, read 4,417,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNYC4me View Post
I'm also considering moving from NYC to Hopewell Junction/East Fishkill. Could someone give me an idea of the parking situation at Beacon? I know there's a waitlist for a permit. How early do you need to be there to make sure you get a metered spot? Are there spots available at 7:15am?
Wrong Hopewell. this is the NJ forum. You want to ask this in the NY forums.........

To the original question- Hopewell is a lovely area- that development is quite nice. commuting to a train station, if you need it on a regular basis, is not ideal from Hopewell. Are you talking about Hamilton Train station due to parking?

Old 05-08-2017, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,315 times
Hopewell is a great area. Schools are smaller and give kids more personal attention than those big factory schools of Montgomery and West Windsor Plainsboro (Tiger Mom territory). Hopewell and Pennington are small beautiful towns with small shops, antique stores ect.

Access to great parks, Delaware river and the fantastic towns along the Delaware, too. Princeton Junction has no parking after 6.30am bc it's sooo busy. Hamilton is the only choice for trains to NYC and 18 mins from Hopewell Hunt. There is a turn-over from first owners, which means many new families with smaller children have moved in over the last 3 years; And the houses are stylish and well maintained, none of that hotchpotch architecture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: