Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 10:19 AM

6 posts, read 11,198 times

Advertisements

I'm buying a house in iselin. I noticed there is a FCC tower located within .42 miles radius.

FCC tower is one of grave area where there is no substantial proof it causes cancer or not. Some agree or some do not agree.

I'm one who agrees it's not good to be near FCC tower. But at the same time question how far distance is regarded the safe distance?

The tower location is-

Registration #1202360
expand
Tower Location:
Parkway and New Dover Rd WOODBRIDGE NJ

A similar article explains problems with FCC tower can pose-

Cell Towers Near Homes? Battle in Mesa, Ariz., Typifies Fears Nationwide | AOL Real Estate

I'm slightly confused here because i like the house.

What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 10:23 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
The only real danger from a cell phone tower is the one at the end of that article: parts of it could fall on you.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:27 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Well The tower you ID is a Cell Tower, Its in the middle of the median of the GSP.

Do you have a cell phone? Thats how they work.

If you don't want to be near any towers you will need to live in Alaska, or really really rural places.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40+35...gl=us&t=h&z=20

Old 08-03-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
The only real danger from a cell phone tower is the one at the end of that article: parts of it could fall on you.
well said.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Well The tower you ID is a Cell Tower, Its in the middle of the median of the GSP.

Do you have a cell phone? Thats how they work.

If you don't want to be near any towers you will need to live in Alaska, or really really rural places.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40+35...gl=us&t=h&z=20
Not really. I agree cell phone tower is required for cell phone to work. But at the same time it shouldn't in residential area. Especially 1 zone mile radius.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:43 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
You plan to live in the middle of the GS parkway?
How more out of the way do you think they can get them?

Cell Towers need to be every 5-7 miles apart with overlapping circles in dense area. Less towers, lower single strength (also need more power out of them to get singles further). Lower DataSpeed more users on 1 tower.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:

Cell Towers need to be every 5-7 miles apart with overlapping circles in dense area. Less towers, lower single strength (also need more power out of them to get singles further). Lower DataSpeed more users on 1 tower.
makes sense but not this one

Quote:
You plan to live in the middle of the GS parkway?
Quote:
As i said 1 mile.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:02 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,139,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj_resident321 View Post
Not really. I agree cell phone tower is required for cell phone to work. But at the same time it shouldn't in residential area. Especially 1 zone mile radius.
Where in the state of NJ are you ever more than 1 mile from a residential area? Based on this logic there would be so few cell towers that the entire state would be 1 big dead zone.

Look on the bright side, at least you would have great cell phone reception in your home by being close to the tower. I WISH they would put a cell tower closer to my house.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:29 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
I wouldn't think twice about it. It's a 41 1/2 meter pole structure and it's a ways away from you. Not all antenna structures are required to be registered. There are very many below 200 feet that are not. Besides I very often see cellular sites right on top of apartment houses and hotels, offices, etc everywhere.

I would be more concerned if I had a top floor apartment and had a cell site right above my ceiling or out the window, but even there they will tell you its okay.

I wouldn't be concerned at all about something that far away. Any RF diminishes as you go further away from it.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:16 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times
If you want a house far away from any rf transmissions, you better not have a wireless router, drive through any town or city with a building over thirty feet or basically anywhere in the country. Cell towers are only one of many rf sources. you will never be that far away from them.

While you don't want to be near the tower, are you carrying a cell phone with you? Same emissions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey