Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 AM

513 posts, read 1,171,489 times

Advertisements

If you were ever a music fan who frequented the now defunct, famous Capitol Theatre in Passaic, you may enjoy this very cool website. Lots of fun facts here. So many wonderful performers played the legendary theatre: Welcome to moyssi.com, a collection of Rock and Roll concert programs, stories and souvenirs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 02:44 PM

206 posts, read 477,459 times
Thanks for that memory. I bet I still might have a Hot Tuna program from the Capitol Theater in my old junk pile. Can't count how many times we went there in the 70's. Let me think of some groups we saw, no special order or preference, they were all great. Dan Fogelberg, Dave Mason, Linda Ronstadt, Al Stewart, Wendy Waldman, Foghat, Marshall Tucker, Poco and a bunch I am forgetting.

So I just went thru the whole list, i left out or forgot a bunch of the shows we saw !! Must be gettin' old.........I think we used to pay either $4 or $6 for a ticket back then ?? Just checked my junk pile, I have a couple old tickets for a show I couldnt attend......$6 in 1975, the good old days of cheap entertainment. That's about how much I made an hour in the early/middle 70's, could easily afford a show back then !!

Moyssi Concert Programs Sorted by Performance Artist

I had a beat up old car we used to drive up there in, used to chain the steering wheel to the brake pedal but nobody ever messed with that old car while it was left unattended. Fun times, thanks again !!

Last edited by scrantonscrambler; 05-10-2013 at 03:32 PM..

Old 05-10-2013, 03:18 PM

513 posts, read 1,171,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonscrambler View Post
Thanks for that memory. I bet I still might have a Hot Tuna program from the Capitol Theater in my old junk pile. Can't count how many times we went there in the 70's. Let me think of some groups we saw, no special order or preference, they were all great. Dan Fogelberg, Dave Mason, Linda Ronstadt, Al Stewart, Wendy Waldman, Foghat, Marshall Tucker, Poco and a bunch I am forgetting.

So I just went thru the whole list, i left out or forgot a bunch of the shows we saw !! Must be gettin' old.........I think we used to pay either $4 or $6 for a ticket back then ?? Just checked my junk pile, I have a couple old tickets for a show I couldnt attend......$6 in 1978, the good old days of cheap entertainment

Moyssi Concert Programs Sorted by Performance Artist

I had a beat up old car we used to drive up there in, used to chain the steering wheel to the brake pedal but nobody ever messed with that old car while it was left unattended. Fun times, thanks again !!
I'm glad that you enjoyed the site. Great performances by many wonderful musicians. The ticket prices were fantastic.....and no extra convenience fees if you bought them at the box office. Lots of rock 'n roll history in that hole in the wall in Passaic.....if those walls could talk.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanne10 View Post
I'm glad that you enjoyed the site. Great performances by many wonderful musicians. The ticket prices were fantastic.....and no extra convenience fees if you bought them at the box office. Lots of rock 'n roll history in that hole in the wall in Passaic.....if those walls could talk.
I had to edit my post , the $6 concert ticket I have is from '75. I had a bunch of the old Programs and ticket stubs from the shows and I kept them with my vinyl record collection, each program went in with the Album cover for the individual bands we saw. When we retired to TN I sold the album collection and all the programs were in the record jackets......oh well, they will probably show up on Ebay !! I did keep a few albums, but sadly no programs with those.

Talk about cheap tickets, I am pretty sure I remember paying $4.50/ticket around 1973. I used to drive up from East Orange and buy the tickets right at the box office in the afternoon, long before the days of Ticket Master, huh?

just googled The Capitol, found some interesting pics/stuff, I forgot the old building had been torn down.

If those walls could talk is an understatement.....but I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole.......haha !! Thanks again for the memory, you made my day !!

Last edited by scrantonscrambler; 05-10-2013 at 03:52 PM..

Old 05-10-2013, 04:10 PM

I knew I had this somewhere< penciled in 1974 a long time ago but it may have been 1978, Mahogany Rush was the warmup, they were awful.......audience wasnt real kind to them

Last edited by scrantonscrambler; 05-10-2013 at 04:57 PM..

Old 05-10-2013, 04:18 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,165,167 times
Capitol Theatre Passaic

I remember the Capitol Theatre! I saw Bonnie Raitt there!

I sometimes see the T-shirts in Shop-Rite (along with Brookdale Soda and other epic New Jersey items)

You can also order Capitol T-shirts through the above link and a lot of retro Jersey stuff here:

New Jersey/Old Jersey-retro merchandise

Old 05-10-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Capitol Theatre Passaic

I remember the Capitol Theatre! I saw Bonnie Raitt there!
I wonder if that was the show with Bonnie and John Prine? I was at that one in '75, I probably took your parking place.... Bonnie sure had red hair than ! Now my hair is whiter than hers !!

Great memories !!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,165,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonscrambler View Post
I wonder if that was the show with Bonnie and John Prine? I was at that one in '75, I probably took your parking place.... Bonnie sure had red hair than ! Now my hair is whiter than hers !!

Great memories !!
No it was several years later than that . I believe Loudon Wainwright was the opening act. Remember "Dead Skunk"? My mom took me to the theater as a present, after I saw the ad for the concert in the Star-Ledger! I didn't drive yet . . . and that's actually the only time I've been in Passaic . . .

Yep, I was a fan of Bonnie long before she was a household name, mostly because she was a friend of Linda Ronstadt. I'm a huge Linda fan, and when she raved about her friends and their music, I'd buy their records (Bonnie, Emmylou Harris, Maria Muldaur, etc). I did see Linda at Radio City! I believe the tickets were about $7.00! I went with one of my best friends and we had a great time!

Old 05-10-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
No it was several years later than that . I believe Loudon Wainwright was the opening act. Remember "Dead Skunk"? My mom took me to the theater as a present, after I saw the ad for the concert in the Star-Ledger! I didn't drive yet . . . and that's actually the only time I've been in Passaic . . .

Yep, I was a fan of Bonnie long before she was a household name, mostly because she was a friend of Linda Ronstadt. I'm a huge Linda fan, and when she raved about her friends and their music, I'd buy their records (Bonnie, Emmylou Harris, Maria Muldaur, etc). I did see Linda at Radio City! I believe the tickets were about $7.00! I went with one of my best friends and we had a great time!

Dead Skunk In the Middle Of The Road.......who could forget... err, uh, or should I say who wants to remember . Passaic wasnt exactly a place I wanted to spend a whole lot of time in after dark (40 yrs ago)....and I lived in East Orange...

Bonnie Raitt, Linda R, all killer acts. Another of my favorite shows at the Capitol was Linda R and the Eagles, man, they played forever, wouldn't leave the stage, they were having so much fun and the crowd loved it. If you like them I wonder if you were also a fan of Wendy Waldman and Karla Bonoff, caught them at all the shows in the NY/NJ area. Still have some ticket stubs from the Bottom Line for Wendy, they were $6 in 1978 ! Boy, times have changed on ticket prices !!

Old 05-10-2013, 07:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,612 times
Oh! This is a very funny music. Your website is very cool and nice. Thanks for the sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey