Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 12:16 AM

3 posts, read 15,303 times

Advertisements

What is the future of Belleville in the next 10years? I'm considering buying a house here. Anyone care to tell me what the area is like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 08:12 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftIsCool View Post
What is the future of Belleville in the next 10years? I'm considering buying a house here. Anyone care to tell me what the area is like?
Look at Newark to get a glimpse of the future in Belleville. Here is a piece of general advice - never buy in a town which ends in "ville". As opposed to buying in a town ending in "ale".

Old 07-02-2012, 09:14 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,861,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Look at Newark to get a glimpse of the future in Belleville. Here is a piece of general advice - never buy in a town which ends in "ville". As opposed to buying in a town ending in "ale".
But the part of Newark that Belleville borders is quiet , i'm not sure what your implying by saying look to Newark. There's even a Green or Railroad Barrier between Most of Newark and Belleville...its not like the too even meet or touch.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:22 AM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
But the part of Newark that Belleville borders is quiet , i'm not sure what your implying by saying look to Newark. There's even a Green or Railroad Barrier between Most of Newark and Belleville...its not like the too even meet or touch.
It's got nothing to do with them touching. He's saying Belleville is going downhill and will be like Newark one of these days. Of course, if you think Newark's this great place, you won't get it.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:27 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
We all know there is a soft spot in your heart for Newark. That said, there hasn't been a rush to get into Newark yet, and we don't expect it anytime soon. When you ask someone about Newark - the very first thing that comes to mind is "burning buildings ala 1970 riot style", the very next thing is "people being shot ordering a pizza on line", the very next thing after that is "don't go there when it's dark outside". Not a very warm and fuzzy feeling.

Belleville isn't quite that bad at all, but it's school system is less than par, it's taxes are way above par relative to services received. The home prices are cheap for a reason and it's not the economy/mortgage crisis.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:09 PM

58 posts, read 153,598 times
I would imagine belleville will be nicer, I know of two middle class couples who have purchased a home there recently. If more people like them keep moving in, I can't see it going anywhere but up.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,531,820 times
I left in 1977. It's sad to see what the place has become in 35 years. I get back every couple of years. Nice memories but I'm glad now that I left.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:35 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,861,461 times
It looks like Belleview along Kearny , The Oranges , Bloomfield , Montclair , Nutley , and North Arlington are teaming up and pushing for NJT to build its Newark Light Rail network which would greatly revitalize these struggling areas. The Paterson-Newark LRT would run right through Belleview , just south of Belleview it would Intersect the Cross Essex line which would connect all the LRT lines in Essex and Hudson counties along with along Regional Rail.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,239,212 times
i would say that neighboring bloomfield is a much nicer town than belleville. its not perfect. but belleville is not an area that i would want to invest in. maybe to live for a short period of time.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:44 AM

271 posts, read 417,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
We all know there is a soft spot in your heart for Newark. That said, there hasn't been a rush to get into Newark yet, and we don't expect it anytime soon. When you ask someone about Newark - the very first thing that comes to mind is "burning buildings ala 1970 riot style", the very next thing is "people being shot ordering a pizza on line", the very next thing after that is "don't go there when it's dark outside". Not a very warm and fuzzy feeling.

Belleville isn't quite that bad at all, but it's school system is less than par, it's taxes are way above par relative to services received. The home prices are cheap for a reason and it's not the economy/mortgage crisis.
i would like to take a second to speak to you about perception management ... 1st thought in your mind about newark is about the riots that happened in the 70( what riots where these ??) which was covered by the media ... now seeing as how newark doesnt have a network tv outlet we are left for nyc to tell people how great we are ... now if nyc bills itsself " THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD " what do you think they would call newark ... around the us they mention hoboken and jc but in new york theres people who dont know it exists ...

secondly, if there hasnt been a rush to get into newark then how did it reverse the trend of people leaving ...

to be truthful belle's future is " the north end of newark " as it should have been to start off with ... but you seem awfully uninformed about newark and if your formally from brooklyn aint you on a ****ing high horse .. brooklyn is just as bad as newark you guys just have other islands with millions of people that are balancing out the trends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey