Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 03:10 AM

55 posts, read 171,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorky View Post
I wanted to check this out because I am currently considering a place in Allwood. On Google's mapping I see what looks to be a huge crop of homogeneous apartment buildings to either side of Jubilee Park, bordered by Allwood Rd, the GSP, and Brookwood Rd and extending past Brookside Drive northwest of Clifton Ave and St Andrews Blvd southeast of it. Is that what you're referring to as the "ghetto arms"?
Yes. To be clear, the section isn't new jack city, by any means. You would have to go looking for it, but you could find trouble without much effort. It's nothing like the other side of Clifton, near the Passaic and Paterson borders, but its the turd in the Allwood punchbowl. And just an FYI, during the summer months when Bliss the nightclub is open, there's good old drunken fights, girls puking and couples banging in the area. But that's mostly relegated to the park and mini mall area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 11:29 AM

114 posts, read 204,824 times
Belated thanks for the clarification. I'll keep my mayhem detector switched on when I'm in that area.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 3,696 times
Clifton city is broke and rife with political infighting. The loser are the people who live here...the solution to the $ problem is fining the people who live here for eveything under the sun ....they dont allow a bathroom in your basement or attic because they're afraid that an illegal apt will be put in...an insane solution to a problem that has overcrowded the schools and continues in spite of the law but oh the 5 thousand dollar fines roll in and fund other broken areas but the school problem still exists. If you are comming to build a strip mall or gated community the town will greet you with open arms! But if your a white/ blue collar person looking for a place to live and thrive .....you will come to know the meaning of red tape.......bussiness that have been here for years are leaving ..the downtown is dead killed by city hall to keep the flow gowing to the big box stores and strip malls that keep poping up all over town.......the allwood section had to wage an expensive fight to keep Macdonald's out of the neighboorhood hiring a lawyer to fight city hall! Not a good place to live if you're a 99%er .but if youre wealthy and live in a better niighboorhood send kids to privite school its great...

Old 03-15-2015, 08:05 PM

3 posts, read 3,696 times
Clifton is rife with political infighting.the people who live here pay the price.if your coming to build a strip mall or gated community they will wecome you with open arms ...if your a 99%er looking for a plce to live and thrive disappointment will be your constant companion......this is cliftons dirty secret. Come look at the high scool see a typical garabage collection , look at Main street in clifton ...only chain stores thrive the rest are forced to have a crappy green awning that is shabby looking. Inane laws and ordanances ...no bathroom allowed in your basement unless of course you hire a local lawyer to allow one at thousands of dollars and hours of court time.recenly people in the allwood section of town had to fight to keep Macdonalds out of the neighborhood!

Last edited by eric315; 03-15-2015 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: misspellings incomplete thoughts

Old 03-16-2015, 01:49 PM

472 posts, read 812,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorky View Post
Belated thanks for the clarification. I'll keep my mayhem detector switched on when I'm in that area.
Good one!

Old 10-06-2016, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 858 times
Clifton is up and coming with all the shopping centers and restaurants that have been built in these past few years. Also a lot of remodeled houses. It still has good areas. It's location is a plus in NJ; close to NYC, etc. The best areas I think are Allwood, Richfield, and Athenia.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:41 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupimel View Post
Clifton is up and coming with all the shopping centers and restaurants that have been built in these past few years. Also a lot of remodeled houses. It still has good areas. It's location is a plus in NJ; close to NYC, etc. The best areas I think are Allwood, Richfield, and Athenia.
Very truly yours,

The Mayor of Clifton

Old 10-06-2016, 03:12 PM

42 posts, read 50,273 times
Clifton and South Paterson are IMHO one of the most UNDERRATED places in NJ to live.

We hear paterson and get scared, and I can understand North Paterson is VERY ****ed up. However South Paterson with their Mediterraianian food is one of the best I have ever eaten.

The ride to Clifton, especially their downtown was suprising and beautiful. Many of the homes are quiet and located by a mountain/river. I thought I'd walked into PA. They have the BC directly in Paterson into NYC.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:44 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,016,359 times
Clifton is one of the best towns in New Jersey that offers a good bang for your buck. It's centrally located and pretty safe. I recommend it to all who are young and just starting out, childless couples or empty nesters. The elementary schools are "ok" and the middle/high schools suck, so for that reason, I wouldn't recommend Clifton to families unless they do private. I'm not a fan of the parts of Clifton that border Passaic. IMO, its the ugliest part of the city. Even the parts that border Paterson (Lakeview) are prettier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey