Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 11:25 PM

2 posts, read 6,687 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are planning to buy a house in South Brunswick (Kendall Park or in and around Monmouth Junction) as we have heard good things about this place and its schools.

My wife works near Holmdel, NJ and I work near World Financial Center, NY. We have a son attending pre-school.

While my wife has plans of driving to work, I tried searching for details about the commute from South Brunswick to WFC but in vain. I would appreciate any information about how the commute from South Brunswick to WFC would look like and what are my options.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 04:31 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,013,658 times
Bus via rt 27, many stops.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:25 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,692,870 times
You can also take the bus in from the Cranbury depot, OR try taking the train in from Jersey Avenue.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:09 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,809,136 times
You'll have a very difficult time getting a parking permit for the train station.

Coachusa runs buses that goes from Princeton to NYC up Rt 27.

Your wife is going to have an hour+ commute one-way.
I'd strongly reconsider.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:29 PM

2 posts, read 6,687 times
Thanks for replies and providing valuable information/suggestions.

The reason we chose South Brunswick is;
1. good schools
2. good locality
3. spacious houses with large yards

The other option I looked is to drive down to East Brunswick (Transportation Center/Neilson Parking Plaza) and get buses to Exchange Place and then take the Path to WTC (not sure about the peak hour traffic on Rt. 1 and Rt.18).

Either way, I guess I'm looking at a 2hr+ commute one way.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 AM

271 posts, read 1,019,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquashash View Post
Thanks for replies and providing valuable information/suggestions.

The reason we chose South Brunswick is;
1. good schools
2. good locality
3. spacious houses with large yards

The other option I looked is to drive down to East Brunswick (Transportation Center/Neilson Parking Plaza) and get buses to Exchange Place and then take the Path to WTC (not sure about the peak hour traffic on Rt. 1 and Rt.18).

Either way, I guess I'm looking at a 2hr+ commute one way.
You can get all of that in many towns closer to NYC. Check out union, bergen and essex county towns. most of them are good with good schools. Ofcourse, houses are a more expensive than South Brunswick, but you will save time and money in commute.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,692,870 times
If your wife is working in Holmdel, why not... Holmdel? Monmouth County is nice and there's access to the train stations there.

I love South Brunswick, but if you're working in Monmouth County, especially that area, it can be a headache commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey