Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 AM

3 posts, read 8,351 times

Advertisements

Be sure to join our Facebook page to receive an invite to our soft opening, Summer 2012! Take your staycation in Jersey City!

Surf City - Restaurant/Cafe - Jersey City, NJ | Facebook

Surf City Bar and Restaurant will be opening this summer on the waterfront in Jersey City, specifically Liberty Harbor. There are shade covered decks overlooking the Manhattan skyline, a sandy beach, fire pits; all in a relaxing setting.

Enjoy casual dining and vacation style cocktails on a sunny afternoon and breezy evening while you listen to steel drum or retro 60's beach bands.

More pictures and info on the Facebook page, see you there!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 PM

576 posts, read 1,601,802 times
A surf themed bar in Jersey City??? Wow , now I've seen it all.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:57 PM

118 posts, read 317,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf77 View Post
A surf themed bar in Jersey City??? Wow , now I've seen it all.
I guess if they can simulate a rain forest in the mall (Rainforest Cafe) and be successful or a 50s themed restaurant in 2012 it may be a fun place to hang out.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:08 PM

Ehh, a city should have a city "vibe" with city type establishments. If you want surf theme there is MORE than enough place on the Jersey Shore that cater to that just fine. This makes about as much sense to me as strip malls in the city.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:46 PM

7,067 posts, read 19,387,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf77 View Post
Ehh, a city should have a city "vibe" with city type establishments. If you want surf theme there is MORE than enough place on the Jersey Shore that cater to that just fine. This makes about as much sense to me as strip malls in the city.
Disagree. Jersey City has a spectacular waterfront. I'm glad a new business is coming in to take advantage of that and help we the residents (and visitors) enjoy it more. I'll be happy to get a "shore vibe" without having to rent a car and waste hours in traffic. Relaxing by the marina with cold beer, steel drums, and steamed crabs (presumably/hopefully), will be great. Many large cities have these types of establishments. Why is it such an affront to JC's "city vibe" to have one here too? By your logic, if people want sushi they should just go to Japan.

*Shrug* I hope it works out. I'm happier to see something different come to town than another "city type" douchebag lounge.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
*Shrug* I hope it works out. I'm happier to see something different come to town than another "city type" douchebag lounge.
You think city type bars are "douchebag lounges"? You've been hanging out in Hoboken to much my friend. Even though its influence seems to be rubbing off on Downtown JC quiete a bit these days. But hey I hope success for your buisness(to the op), just giving my 2 cents, as a former JC'er aggravated by gentrification.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:10 PM

I like my surf bars by the ocean, and my Jersey City how it used to be!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 AM

1,961 posts, read 3,362,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Disagree. Jersey City has a spectacular waterfront. I'm glad a new business is coming in to take advantage of that and help we the residents (and visitors) enjoy it more. I'll be happy to get a "shore vibe" without having to rent a car and waste hours in traffic. Relaxing by the marina with cold beer, steel drums, and steamed crabs (presumably/hopefully), will be great. Many large cities have these types of establishments. Why is it such an affront to JC's "city vibe" to have one here too? By your logic, if people want sushi they should just go to Japan.

+1.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:38 AM

19,221 posts, read 25,529,638 times
I'm just amazed that this blatant bit of advertising is allowed to remain on this site.

DEtoNY--Your post is a violation of the TOS for this site, so you shouldn't be surprised if it is taken down.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:20 PM

45 posts, read 85,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I'm just amazed that this blatant bit of advertising is allowed to remain on this site.

DEtoNY--Your post is a violation of the TOS for this site, so you shouldn't be surprised if it is taken down.
I'd rather see info like this than people bitching and moaning about stuff.

Knowing that a new place is opening up near me is useful to me. That's some city data that's worthwhile. What's not worthwhile is people moaning about how miserable they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey