Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 10:29 PM

13 posts, read 62,869 times

Advertisements

I'm sixteen years old and I'm looking for a job in Bergen County or the surrounding area. I obviously can't drive without a parent in the car yet, but I would have transportation to the job. Are there any interesting or unique stores in Bergen County that would possibly hire me? Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 05:59 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcx95 View Post
I'm sixteen years old and I'm looking for a job in Bergen County or the surrounding area. I obviously can't drive without a parent in the car yet, but I would have transportation to the job. Are there any interesting or unique stores in Bergen County that would possibly hire me? Thanks guys!
In the Land of the Malls in which you live, "unique" is hard to come by! However, there are some stores in the downtowns of Ridgewood and Glen Rock that are not chains--maybe you could start by taking a walk through their downtowns and seeing if anything is available. No one on here can tell you if anyone would possibly hire you--the only way to find out is to ask within the stores themselves.

If you don't have a car, don't worry--the 164 bus to New York start in Midland Park (you can catch it at Veteran's Plaza or at a few other stops along Godwin Avenue) and it goes to both Ridgewood and Glen Rock. There is also the cross-county bus that runs from Oakland to Hackensack, but that runs less frequently. I believe the number is the 752, but you should check that on the NJ Transit website to be sure, and also you can look for schedules for all the buses.

Good luck! I hope you find something.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:35 AM

513 posts, read 1,166,937 times
Don't forget that there are lots of food stores in Bergen County, too. And nurseries hire at this time of year, too. Do you walk dogs/pet-sit? Sometimes an office needs someone to tidy up/organize/help out. Check the small ads posted at the local grocery store to see if anyone needs any chores done. Just keep telling people that you are looking for work.....stay positive. Although it's a hard time for anyone to find work right now, I wish you the very best. I still remember my first job with fondness working at the movie theater many years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey