Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 01:40 PM

244 posts, read 600,577 times

Advertisements

My husband I and are moving within the next year out of NYC. We are interested in both Robbinsville and Middletown and have friends who leave in each. The commute to NYC is similar for the two (although long). Especially in Robbinsivlle I feel you can get more house for your $$$.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions on these towns? O
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 02:15 PM

213 posts, read 521,839 times
Both towns are fine, beware a long commute though as it can quickly become grinding. Mine recently switched from 15 minutes to 50 (company office moved to Robbinsville as it happens) and I've noticed a huge impact on my life, especially as I have kids.
Previously I was able to sneak in grocery shopping and errands over lunch and was able to pick up the kids at a decent time,have dinner on the table and enjoy the evenings with my family. Now I am always rushed, we seem to eat later and later and my weekends are overwhelmed with all of the things I need to get done. It's amazing what a difference that hour a day total makes.

Funny enough, a coworkers commute shorted to 15 minutes from 50 with the move and she is over the moon, says it makes all the difference in the world.

More house for the $$ yes, but there is a large price to pay.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:44 PM

3 posts, read 24,247 times
my husband and i moved from nyc to robbinsvile. we LOVE it! my husband works downtown now and the commute is about 1 hr 45 min door to door. we have three kids and he misses too much. we are actually looking in the middletown area now because we understand that if he takes the SeaStreak ferry he will have an hour commute door to door. (of course depending exactly where we buy). the train from hamilton or princeon junction (if you live in robbinsville) is the northeast corridor line. it is a unique line as it is express and runs often. it is actually equal if not shorter travel time to nyc penn station than some trains furthur north. good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey