Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 10:39 PM

25 posts, read 92,345 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I'm looking into buying a townhouse somewhere in NJ relatively close to Manhattan and i've seen a bunch of listings for some on Sunset KY. They look pretty decent but it seems like a lot of people are selling in that area. Does anyone here know anything about that area? Anything negative going on? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 04:26 AM

83 posts, read 225,456 times
I do. Harmon Cove is a decent place to live, but in my opinion, it's kind of going down hill. It used to be rather prestigious to live there, but not so much any more. I think one of the main reasons is that more people who owned the units used to live there, now more of them are being rented out.
There has been some issues with theft, but I'm not sure if it's better or worse than the remainder of Secaucus. You would just think that paying all of that money per month in charges, you'd have better security. It is good for commuting, the bus goes right into the complex during rush hour to take you to the Port Authority, your close to Secaucus Junction (though personally I liked it better when the train station was right in the complex), as well as the Turnpike is right there. They also have a nice pool and tennis courts, and good parking. Make sure the plumbing is in order, they've had some problems.
If that really big mall opens up in the Meadowlands, I can't see traffic being all of that fun on route 3. It's bad enough on days of Giants and Jet games.
It's not a slum or anything like, I just think it's not as nice as it once was.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:46 PM

25 posts, read 92,345 times
Thanks for the good info. I'll keep those things in mind. Do you know if it floods easily in that area? The homes look like they're right up next to the water.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:55 AM

No, I don't recall there being floods in the complex (my parents have lived there for almost 20 years). I have known of plumbing problems, where one unit leaks onto the next. You may want to make sure that's in good order.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:45 AM

One other thing about Harmon Cove. Depending on where you are in the complex, you can hear the train, and if you have the windows open in the summertime, it's loud, and it happens during the night. You may want to enquire about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: