Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2011, 05:28 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,584 times

Advertisements

Comments on Superintendents for N.J. charter schools able to skirt salary caps imposed by Christie | New Jersey Real-Time News - Page 2 -

Hopefully Chris Christie will bring these crazy salaries down. Started with the "public" school leaders I am sure he will follow through with the "charters" as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 05:43 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,461,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Comments on Superintendents for N.J. charter schools able to skirt salary caps imposed by Christie | New Jersey Real-Time News - Page 2 -

Hopefully Chris Christie will bring these crazy salaries down. Started with the "public" school leaders I am sure he will follow through with the "charters" as well.

Yeah, right. He'll just tell the "greedy" charter school teachers, who are already working longer hours for half the pay of their public school counterparts, to take a pay and benefit cut. All while the administrators make salaries equal to or greater than their public school counterparts.

After all, it's only fair.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:

I'm glad to see that you have so much faith in our esteemed governor, who loves charter schools (no matter how poorly they perform), and who is at war with public schools (no matter how well they perform).

Incidentally, the correct word in the context of your thread title is "principals", not "principal's".

Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Quote:

Christie is on a mission along with the new wave of rookie tea party governors to eliminate any unions. They want to privatize everything and have everyone work for peanuts while the fat cats get richer. Welcome to the NEW republican party.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:24 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

I'm glad to see that you have so much faith in our esteemed governor, who loves charter schools (no matter how poorly they perform), and who is at war with public schools (no matter how well they perform).

Incidentally, the correct word in the context of your thread title is "principals", not "principal's".

Thanks for correcting me wasnt thinking but then agian I am a big dummy. Didnt mean to confuse anyone with ownership.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:39 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,410 times
Quote:
Yeah, right. He'll just tell the "greedy" charter school teachers, who are already working longer hours for half the pay of their public school counterparts, to take a pay and benefit cut.
Based on what? According to their own publications, that is not true. In fact they probably get even more time off. The requirements can also be less than a public school teacher.
Charter School Teaching Requirements | Teach in a Charter School

Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times
Charter "CEOs" (love how Republicans make everything a business) routinely hire wives, mothers, brothers, cousins and pay them $100K salaries. Charters are wolves in sheep's clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey