Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2007, 11:21 PM

10 posts, read 50,425 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are exploring the possibility of moving from Brooklyn to East Brunswick. Our major concern is the commute. He is a NYC public school teacher for almost 20 and will need to keep teaching in Brooklyn for another 5 to 10 till he can retire. He needs to be in school by 8:10 and he is driving. We have been told that it is about a one hour drive. Is this realistic? The school is about 20 minutes from the Verrazono Bridge.

Another question is on schools in east Brunswick. We have to kids: 4 and 7 years of age. The 7 year old is in a gifted program, but they are getting rid of this program ( this is a one of the reasons we moving). Do elementary schools in East Brunswick offer special classes for gifted and talented kids?

Thanks in advance for any info on commuting and schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,520,713 times
I'm thinking it's probably slightly more than an hour. Depending on where in EB you are, you probably 20 minutes or so from the Outerbridge. From there, you can usually make it across the Verrazano in a little over 20 minutes, provided that you get onto SI by around 6:00 or 6:30.

If he tries to leave later, both the trip to the OB and the trip across SI will be longer.

Bob

Old 07-25-2007, 07:14 AM

78 posts, read 401,964 times
he may want to budget 20 minutes more in case of traffic. otherwise, i would think this area is much better for kids. Most schools in East brunswick, south brunswick, north edison have great programs for gifted students.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:53 AM

10 posts, read 50,425 times
I know there are many different neighborhoods ( or subdivisions) in east brunswick, such as Kingswood, Sunrise Landing... Which is considered the best in terms of safety, elementary schools, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey