Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,960,264 times

Advertisements

Looking to see if you live in Hoboken and send your kids to the public schools there...would like to hear any feedback, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 07:03 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,866,231 times
Form what ive Heard there terrible , however there are a few good private Schools in Hoboken and JC to make up for that.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:03 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,960,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Form what ive Heard there terrible , however there are a few good private Schools in Hoboken and JC to make up for that.
Yeah it seems when I looked at the NJ Public School Rankings, the best Hoboken Public Schools rank average out of all of NJ which I'm ok with but there are some that are in the bottom 50 out of 1200 public schools in NJ.

It seems Hoboken Schools are terrible to begin with because it accepts a lot of out of resident students from nearby towns like union city, and jersey city.

I'm currently researching to make sure I get to pick which school in the district my kid gets to go to. I don't want to pay for private schooling...one would think with how high property taxes are in Hoboken that there would be better public school

Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 AM

97 posts, read 311,096 times
My friends' taught in Hoboken a few years ago and they said the schools were horrible. The problem is that you get a lot of kids from the projects.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,646 times
The Hoboken public schools are terrible! And not just because they accept kids from the projects, they too have an equal right to an education, the problem is condo parents sending their children to programs like headstart that were initially geared toward poor families and kids. I see a huge problem with people who have the means to send their children to private school and choose to send their children to programs that were initially for poor children.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:16 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,939,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoTheBear1980 View Post
The Hoboken public schools are terrible! And not just because they accept kids from the projects, they too have an equal right to an education, the problem is condo parents sending their children to programs like headstart that were initially geared toward poor families and kids. I see a huge problem with people who have the means to send their children to private school and choose to send their children to programs that were initially for poor children.
Yeah, that's why the public schools in Hoboken suck. Because of the condo parents.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:28 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,764,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Looking to see if you live in Hoboken and send your kids to the public schools there...would like to hear any feedback, thanks
My kid goes to private school in Hoboken but the feedback I get from parents that send their kids to the public schools is, the charter schools are good. Hola, the spanish immersion school is good but the rest are not so hot, especially after 5th grade.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 PM

595 posts, read 1,560,025 times
Why does hoboken accept students from other towns? Seems so silly

Old 12-13-2010, 05:05 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,866,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduflow View Post
Why does hoboken accept students from other towns? Seems so silly
Its a young progress town that has gotten ahead of itself. Meanwhile its neighbors are starting to overtake Hoboken in everyday living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey