Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 07:23 AM

13 posts, read 39,887 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

Iam new to this forum. Iam planning to buy a house in E Brunswick and looking for some recommendations for a good home inspector. I did go through previous posts & forums on similar topic. Thanks so much for your time to respond over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 AM

22 posts, read 66,559 times
I do not have one to recommend, but I would say to stay away from a guy whose company name is FBI something. He is from East Brunswick. He did the inspection for our new home. We were 15 minutes late for the appointment and when we got there he was sitting in the kitchen and already half way through his report writing. He told us he always got inspection place half an hour early. We asked about the sump pump condition and he told us he checked and it's in good working condition. But when we asked him to show us where the sump is, he could not find the sump. He told us the sump pump has battery backup, but later the owner told us no battery backup.

Good luck,

Sean

Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 AM
yCf

106 posts, read 533,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_nj View Post
I do not have one to recommend, but I would say to stay away from a guy whose company name is FBI something. He is from East Brunswick. He did the inspection for our new home. We were 15 minutes late for the appointment and when we got there he was sitting in the kitchen and already half way through his report writing. He told us he always got inspection place half an hour early. We asked about the sump pump condition and he told us he checked and it's in good working condition. But when we asked him to show us where the sump is, he could not find the sump. He told us the sump pump has battery backup, but later the owner told us no battery backup.

Good luck,

Sean
Unbelivable!! I think I had the same guy from FBI. I am quite sure his name is Robert Hahn. He's terrible. Your description of him is right on. He spent at most an hour inspecting my house (4 bed rooms, 2 garage, with basement). The guy that inspected the smaller townhouse I am selling spend a lot more time on my small house than this Robert Hahn. Stay away from this guy.

He found mold in the attic. Charged us a couple extra hundreds on mold testing. When I ask him for advice regarding remediation of the problem, he just blow us off since we paid him already.

On the first big storm we got after we moved in, there were leaking from the roof. Obviously he did nothing on the roof.

The inspection report was not detailed at all either. He does a crappy job.

He just try to get the inspection done as fast as possible and take your money.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:08 AM

Thanks for the immediate responses. I went through the ASHI website and short-listed all inspectors with a P.E ( as recommended by another inspector -not licensed in NJ ). I saw a Ray Girgis from E Brunswick, does anyone have any comments about him..?. Also, I came across the other names like Mark Bloodgood, Neil Kipnis, Joel D. Mizrahi, Alan Cross and Dean Arrington. Does any of these ring a bell to anyone...?

Old 09-09-2010, 08:19 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
If Ray Nolan is still doing inspections, give him a call. He's a PE from Highland Park, though he may have retired by now.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:53 AM
yCf

106 posts, read 533,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytorespond View Post
Thanks for the immediate responses. I went through the ASHI website and short-listed all inspectors with a P.E ( as recommended by another inspector -not licensed in NJ ). I saw a Ray Girgis from E Brunswick, does anyone have any comments about him..?. Also, I came across the other names like Mark Bloodgood, Neil Kipnis, Joel D. Mizrahi, Alan Cross and Dean Arrington. Does any of these ring a bell to anyone...?
IIRC, Joel D. Mizrahi was the guy the buyer used for the townhouse I was selling.
I thought he was very thorough and even caught a few things that I was trying to hide from him. If I am buying a new home, I would definitely consider using him myself.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:02 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yCf View Post
IIRC, Joel D. Mizrahi was the guy the buyer used for the townhouse I was selling.
I thought he was very thorough and even caught a few things that I was trying to hide from him. If I am buying a new home, I would definitely consider using him myself.
Just another reason to make sure one hires a good home inspector- you never know what kind of things the buyer is attempting to fraudulently conceal.....

Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yCf View Post
Does this person delay in Radon Testing after taking the payment....? He mentioned that he cannot do Radon testing the same day but'll do it after coupe of days. Any suggestions....? He also charges $650 for House Inspection + Termite + Radon...is that OK..?

Old 09-19-2010, 04:57 PM

604 posts, read 2,011,004 times
Generally, you get what you pay for. Another poster recommended Mizrahi yet you choose to distrust Mizrahi? why?

God help you!

Old 09-20-2010, 09:04 AM

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey