Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:11 AM

43 posts, read 175,849 times

Advertisements

I am a buyer and looking for prices that other buyers paid for their properties within the last coupon months in certain areas, so that I can make a reasonable offer to the seller. What websites are best to use to get information like this?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 11:10 AM

445 posts, read 1,986,738 times
There are a few websites that i know of:
Check Home Sale Prices - Find Your Home Value - Get House Values Online - Search Real Estate Listings | Domania

REALTOR.com - Real Estate Listings & Homes For Sale

and if you are interested in how much homes sold for in NJ, the asbury park press has a very good website
APP.COM DataUniverse | Asbury Park Press Online

I hope those will help you out

Old 06-27-2007, 12:29 PM

32 posts, read 189,837 times
You should have a Realtor check the values.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:32 PM

562 posts, read 2,617,488 times
this is a great tool that i use when i'm looking for investment opportunities..

Zillow - Real Estate Valuations, Homes for Sale, Free Real Estate Information

Old 06-28-2007, 06:44 AM

116 posts, read 528,430 times
Zillow is not reliable. You can check out Realtor.com, or better yet, have a realtor to a free market anaysis on your home.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:56 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,736,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susienj View Post
Zillow is not reliable. You can check out Realtor.com, or better yet, have a realtor to a free market anaysis on your home.

i agree about the "zestimates", but if you look up the tax and sale info - that is accurate as it's being taken from tax records.

you can go to NJ.com also and they have a link where you can look up sales of homes anywhere in the state in the past 7 years, searchable by name or street. tax info is there also.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 AM

43 posts, read 175,849 times
Thanks for all your responses. My concern is that as I am the buyer, the real estate agent is not really working on my behalf (She is representing the seller). If I ask for her market analysis and the current market value of the house that I am interested in buying, she will just give me the listing price, which we all know that it was priced higher intentionally most of the time. How do I negotiate a fair price with the Seller without paying $30 to domania.com? I pay the $30 if I have to but just want to know if there are other alternatives.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:23 AM

116 posts, read 528,430 times
If you're talking about the listing agent, yes, she is working with the seller, and cannot represent you objectively. You can work with another agent, that will work for YOU, and you won't have to pay any fees.

Last edited by Global Friend; 06-30-2007 at 10:59 AM..

Old 06-28-2007, 10:41 AM

222 posts, read 1,027,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susienj View Post
Man, you real estate agents are petrified of zillow aren't you? It's kind of a blanket statement to say its not reliable but it's just not true.

Its always available. The map features are great. It has sales history and tax info for many homes. The zestimates (guess at what a house is worth) are definately accurate in some areas, although admittedly, not in all areas. I find the zestimates are more accurate in developments with recent sales where's there more similar sales data to cull.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:23 AM

3,026 posts, read 9,070,019 times
Try NJ.com home sales records, they list all the homes (in your chosen zip code) by street, that have sold in the last 18 months and the selling amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: