Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:50 PM

445 posts, read 1,984,959 times

Advertisements

Are civilians allowed on Fort Dix or mcguire afb? I ask because i noticed they had my favorite pizza place on base and its only a few miles from where we live. Any special rules about going on base?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 PM

478 posts, read 1,749,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
Are civilians allowed on Fort Dix or mcguire afb? I ask because i noticed they had my favorite pizza place on base and its only a few miles from where we live. Any special rules about going on base?
Yes civilians are allowed on the base..but the vehicle you enter with needs a permit..My wife is a master sargent for the 108th ARW at McGuire and I enter with her vehicle with a permit..my vehicle with no permit is not allowed.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo2009 View Post
Yes civilians are allowed on the base..but the vehicle you enter with needs a permit..My wife is a master sargent for the 108th ARW at McGuire and I enter with her vehicle with a permit..my vehicle with no permit is not allowed.

Ok have to correct what I said..the boss (my wife) said they changed it...all need a ID card now..even me..been awhile since on the bases..sorry for past post.

I used to pick her up..went in easy with her vehicle with permit on wind-shield..no more she said..all need a ID card.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 PM

445 posts, read 1,984,959 times
Ok so pretty much all the places on base, such as food places, banks etc.. are for military only?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
Ok so pretty much all the places on base, such as food places, banks etc.. are for military only?
Well basically yes..but a civilian can do it too..if they get the ID card.
I been to the commissary alot in past 30 years..but things changed..so guess I have to fill out a form for a ID card..so I can go in future with my wife to shop.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:35 PM

Last time on base was the air show..I didn't need a ID card for it..guess its getting to crazy out there and wacko's want to get on to the bases..glad they did this ID card for all!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:50 AM

32,944 posts, read 36,378,548 times
No, you can't go on base to buy pizza. The civilians allowed on base are the spouse, child or dependent of a military member or (civilian) employees.

Do they deliver to the gate?

Old 03-31-2010, 09:15 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,299 times
Go to 3 Brothers on wrightstown-cookstown rd near the Arnold Ave gate and 7/11 mart, it's good.

The only way civilians can get on the base is if they are sponsered on by someone with a temporary permit (a paper u show with a photo drivers license), a family of a military member, or they work as a civilian on the actual base and have attained the id you get after passing the background check.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:25 PM

66 posts, read 349,590 times
Betcha mean Godfathers!
(It is good and not terribly busy).

Yes you have to have buisiness on the base to enter, or be sponsored by someone on the base. So make friends with someone military and have them sponsor you on, or better yet go fetch your pizza for you!

They do deliver, but I don't know where to. Imagine they deliver to base housing which is across the street, so maybe you should call them an see. Maybe you could meet them at the 7-11 or something. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 6,464 times
I took basic there back in 1954 and just wanted to see the base and the areas I trained in, the barracks, etc., reminisce in other words. If not, where can I buy Fort Dix sweatshirts, etc. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia