Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Got all the knowledge I need.

What do YOU know about this issue beside some conservative spouted BS?
I know my uncle in NC has a confederate flag and he isn't racist at all. That slogan I posted up is commonly found on T-shirts and hats etc throughout the south. And try the conservative card on me because I'm a Libertarian, if u know what that means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 02:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I know my uncle in NC has a confederate flag and he isn't racist at all. That slogan I posted up is commonly found on T-shirts and hats etc throughout the south. And try the conservative card on me because I'm a Libertarian, if u know what that means.
Dude...........you are totally without a clue.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Just what I'd expect from someone who just lost an argument.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Just what I'd expect from someone who just lost an argument.
Yeah, I guess you just told me. Your uncle having a Confederate flag has no bearing on the relationship between the history behind that flag and the millions of African descendants in the Southern states, and beyond, who feel antipathy toward the flag. You have no clue, and you have no argument, and, most importantly, you have no insight.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:25 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
dude?

dude?

telling someone they are totally without a clue shows your lack of anything better to respond with.

a lot of leftist brainwashing teaches us growing up to equate the confederate flag with racism. we have to actually take effort in recognizing the BS that we were forcefed by the liberal propaganda machine.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I guess you just told me. Your uncle having a Confederate flag has no bearing on the relationship between the history behind that flag and the millions of African descendants in the Southern states, and beyond, who feel antipathy toward the flag. You have no clue, and you have no argument, and, most importantly, you have no insight.
Well a white household isn't likely to have up a Confederate flag in a southern black town but in mostly white southern towns, it's perfectly normal. Does that means they're racist? Maybe, but maybe not because that flag stands for a lot more than a nation that kept slavery. Northern states also had slavery.

In that case you would find the regular American flag offensive for segregation up until the 60s. Or many people would find the British flag offensive for colonization of half the world a number of years ago. Or Jews the German flag etc. There's a difference between a Nazi flag and a confederate flag.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,886,219 times
there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a confederate flag. Its a free country, you can fly it with pride. It has NOTHING to do with slavery. Thats absurd.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,550 times
yes i do wear the hijab and muslim dress. anything wrong with it? its a part of me and i dont care if people stare and point fingers but do not put your hands on me. also the confederate flag is offensive to me because i am sure if i were in the south back in the 60s i would have had it like black people. to me it is unpatriotic to fly the confederate flag when thousands have died in wars since 1865. in that case, mexicans should be allowed to fly the mexican flag, but yet people get upset when they do. whats the difference?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:42 PM

604 posts, read 2,011,934 times
Are you going to work in SNJ? Where?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:02 PM

32,944 posts, read 36,386,492 times
"are people in sj less tolerant?"

No...yes. It's a pretty big area with various population densities, urban areas and rural. There are a fair number of African Americans in Southern New Jersey as well as Hispanic, Latinos and other minorities, though they seem to be concentrated in 'pockets', certain areas.

You'd really be surprised at the mix of people that you meet in rural SJ. It's not just Piney's and rednecks. I know a guy who works for the Philadelphis Opera Company who moved south. I also know authors, painters and other professionals who have moved to the more rural parts of southern NJ. There is also the progeny of old families who resent the changes which have come about in recent times. Frankly, I don't blame them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia