Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 03:06 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,791,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I assume that you mean Pennsville.
Sorry! You are correct Gerania!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 09:44 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Sorry! You are correct Gerania!
If I liked most people (I don't) I'd love to live on Penn's Landing in one of the old Swedish log homes if someone would drop one in. Maybe not. It's pretty quiet during the week.

Last edited by Gerania; 08-16-2018 at 10:09 PM..

Old 08-18-2018, 07:57 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,254,414 times
If you are serious about Pennsville, be sure to look at flood maps and read up on flooding in the town. I was looking at homes online in Pennsville about a year ago. When I saw the flood maps, I stopped looking there. YMMV

Old 08-19-2018, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,726 times
Thank you for the insight everyone. Culturally , living here I hear a lot of negative comments about NJ ,NY,SE Pa and the impact on this area with the influx of people into this area. It wears on a person and I can't change my accent. So,to the person that suggested I am lonely. There is truth in that. I took a quick drive to my old home town area yesterday and felt a much brighter outlook.It's beautiful here,don't get me wrong and I have met very good people and made friends,but....for example living in Hightstown boro For a time,I just had to walk out my front door and walk. And there was public transportation if needed. Here I drive everywhere but there may come a time when I cant. Busses quit running at 5-6. I am looking at no more then $900. For housing. I realize that is an issue. We all have to live a little too. Enjoy life. I am a member of FB CRA, ( comment readers association) and my last CD name was out the back door or something like that. I'm relatively quiet ha. BTW I stayed with my brother in Jacksonville Fl for a little bit. Too hot for me. Thanks for the food for thought.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:21 AM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
I don't want to live in Florida; I've been there. Southern New Jersey is flat, and can be very warm (OK, hot) and humid in the summer, but it's not Florida.

I was born and lived in Wilkes-Barre for twenty something years before I moved away. I visited my parents, then mom, as often as I could and watched it change. Sometimes for the better, but usually not.

I'm always surprised by the amount of people who retire and move to the country. They've always wanted a farm or to raise animals. That wouldn't work for me. Two and three years ago, I needed to go to the ER four times.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:54 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,430,014 times
There are some small and lower priced senior developments around Tom ‘s River if you opt to stay in NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia