Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:33 PM

161 posts, read 344,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by discndav View Post
Where in the Shop Rite is the liquor store? I didn't see it from the parking lot anywhere.
It is to the left once you enter the store, in part of where the old Dunkin' Donuts used to be. Here is a picture from the ribbon cutting ceremony from Cherry Hill Patch to get a sense of where it is.

Ravitzes Debut Liquor Store, Renovated ShopRite - Business - Cherry Hill, NJ Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by avg12 View Post
I suppose this will be one of the few if only one on 38W. It's easy to get to a Wawa from 70W and 38E, but the commuters taking 38W to Philly have to make u-turns.

It would be ideal for one between the Moorestown and CH Mall area on 38W.
A vacant spot on Rt. 38W in that location that comes to mind, is the old Hooters next to Aldi. Wonder if the lot is big enough? Funny enough, the loopnet listing for the property indicates it is set to hit the auction block on Thursday...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 11:14 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,744,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH101 View Post
A vacant spot on Rt. 38W in that location that comes to mind, is the old Hooters next to Aldi. Wonder if the lot is big enough? Funny enough, the loopnet listing for the property indicates it is set to hit the auction block on Thursday...
Wawa is building on 38E at the Lenola Rd. intersection. The old Classic Chevy lot is going to be a new "super" Wawa. I doubt they would open a second one so close, even if it's on the opposite side of a major road. Especially with the opening of the one at the Toys R Us / WalMart plaza.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:41 PM

184 posts, read 370,881 times
Did the Mandarin Buffet in Cherry Hill close? Besides Ruby Buffet near the mall and Old Town in Moorestown are there any other buffets nearby?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:13 PM

756 posts, read 2,119,532 times
Courier Post article says Marlton's Pietros will open up as a Greek restaurant with lower price points. Greek comfort food with an emphasis on fresh fish.

They probably want to capture the lunch crowd better. Too bad- I used to like Pietros.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:52 PM

592 posts, read 1,481,561 times
Quote:
will open up as a Greek restaurant with lower price points. Greek comfort food with an emphasis on fresh fish.
Otherwise called... "Diner"

Old 11-20-2013, 03:07 PM

Here was the article to that:
http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...nclick_check=1

This site was originally a Pizza Hut, so it's been pizza for many years. I suppose this is good news for Toscana's and Bertucci's as it's one less competitor. Pietro's site though lists that it's opening a new site in Radnor. The reason for the switch seems odd, and it was usually busy when I went in there though, but maybe this will help lunch sales.

Speaking of "diner", that Olga's site could maybe be demolished and made for space for Season's Pizza, but I'd rather see the Sleepy's site and the diner site lot merged and a new structure built using both. There's also the G Boys site that is still empty AFAIK that could make good use for a restaurant option given the busy 70 corridor, and reasonable access from either side whether coming W or E, or from 73.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:00 AM

691 posts, read 3,063,813 times
Quote:
Courier Post article says Marlton's Pietros will open up as a Greek restaurant with lower price points. Greek comfort food with an emphasis on fresh fish.

They probably want to capture the lunch crowd better. Too bad- I used to like Pietros.
I'm surprised about this. I've eaten/ordered take-out from there a lot and they always seemed to have a good crowd.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 AM

592 posts, read 1,481,561 times
Cherry Hill's Red Robin is opening Dec 2, per Gluten Free Philly blog
You can RSVP for free meals during training.
Well, details in the blog post
Gluten Free Philly: News & Notes: November 22, 2013

Old 11-22-2013, 11:56 AM

It appears that Evesham's mayor is getting aggressive about the empty retail sites in Evesham:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...-redevelopment

The Tri-Towne Plaza is old, but the plaza owner isn't going to redevelop unless it leases for tenants.

I'm thinking either Wawa would relocate (27 N. Maple Ave site) across the street essentially, or Walgreens could open a second store for Evesham Twp. These seem like the most plausible A list tenants for the sites, but both would want to tear down the Sears building and build a freestanding box in front closer to 70. I'm sure either would pay for the demolition and construction cost outright since they'd gain a good location, and they'd want full control on how it's designed. The Kmart originally had a pharmacy so Walgreens could be an ideal replacement of that. CVS already has two stores in the township.

The center just got a new tenant, Kobe Grill, so I'm surprised “demolition of all or parts of the existing structures is recommended.”

LA Fitness or any gym would be like the secondary tenant. Gyms typically just do refills but maybe it could take Superfresh's site, and other tenants can fill in spaces accordingly.

Would there be any likely other tenants interested in Tri Towne Plaza? I just don't see the selection and type of stores that 73 has considering space on 70 after the intersection.

Any news on the Genuardi's building?

The G Boys and Olga's aren't that large and might be suitable for restaurants at most.

Last edited by avg12; 11-22-2013 at 12:08 PM..

Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 AM

161 posts, read 344,946 times
1.Home-decor chain Kirkland's has opened next to Target at the Hillview Shopping Center across from the Cherry Hill Mall.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...ESS/312020029/

2. Bob's Discount Furniture is on track to open by February per a sign in the window. They are currently doing some remodeling work there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discndav View Post
Did the Mandarin Buffet in Cherry Hill close? Besides Ruby Buffet near the mall and Old Town in Moorestown are there any other buffets nearby?
Some "Seafood Palace Buffet" is supposed to open at Garden State Pavilions in Cherry Hill where Old Country Buffet used to be. There has been a sign up for months, but I haven't noticed any movement. Not sure what is going on with it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia