Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 02:38 PM

16 posts, read 40,500 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I am getting married this August and having our ceremony in Waterford Works, NJ and our reception at Lucien's Manor in Berlin. My dream would've been to have our pictures done in the city, but we couldn't afford a city wedding . Anyways, I'm not as familiar with South Jersey, are there any scenic locations that you recommend for pictures in between? We're willing to have a max 2.5 hour time slot in between the ceremony and reception to give you an idea of how much time we'll have to travel.

If it helps, I would love some type of garden or lake setting. No farms or barns please. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 05:34 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,876,438 times
Look towards Haddonfield I would say..

Old 05-22-2012, 06:44 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,746,843 times
I just looked up Lucien's Manor and it looks like a great place to have your pictures taken. The grounds are well groomed, the inside staircase is awesome, and there's a nice gazebo. After the church pics, go to the reception and have the rest of your pictures taken at Lucien's. After the pics, you won't have to drive; you're already at the party!! Good luck with your wedding.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:26 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,908 times
Check out The Mansion in Voorhees. It has a nice fountain backdrop.

(Allen Iverson got married there...before he was extremely in debt.)

Old 05-23-2012, 06:57 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,054,232 times
Shouldn't your photographer know where to go or doing research for you? That is what they are being paid to do. And The Mansion in Voorhees charges for using their grounds for photography.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:20 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Friends of mine had their reception at Luciens and had their pictures done there, they came out very nice, so don't discount that as an option.

I think the biggest issue is that even with a 2.5 hour window, getting from where you are going to be to anywhere I would suggest and back is going to be pretty much impossible. You are however, near Wharton State Forest and Batsto Village. There are a lot of cool things in the village, including a mansion and it's surrounding gardens.

Here is the website for Batsto Village:
Batsto Village Home Page

It's about 15 miles from Waterford Works, but it's an easy drive and is the only reasonably neat place I can think of in that area.

Some pictures:

This ones of a wedding that was actually at Batsto, there's a ton of great scenery around there:

Old 05-23-2012, 10:29 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
I have no idea if this is open for wedding pictures or what they may charge, but maybe check this out.

Kings Grant Open Space Association

Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 AM

16 posts, read 40,500 times
Thanks everyone!

@ Ms_Christina, our photographer is a friend of a friend. She takes beautiful photos and she was highly recommended BUT, she is not local so I don't believe she could recommend any places nearby.

@timneh5, I do plan on taking some photos at Lucien's, mainly at the staircase and a few with my husband by the gazebo and waterfall, but I was looking for a fun location for my entire bridal party.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,054,232 times
Even though it is a friend of a friend make sure they know what they are doing. After the cake is eaten, the ceremony is over, the dancing is done, all you have left are the photos so don't go cheap on the photography. A good photographer can make a wedding at a junk yard look good. Also make sure they are a registered business. In NJ some wedding venues require Any vender to show them proof of liability insurance. No proof means they will not be allowed to take pictures at the venue.

Ok, that said. You should contact the arboretum at Medford leas. They have beautiful grounds and you may be able to shoot there for free. Here is the link. Medford Leas
You have to contact them before hand. You just can't show up. It is only 25 minutes away.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:54 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
I have to second Batso. Best location close to wedding and reception. Scout it out and talk to them in the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia