Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the subforum be changed to "Southern New Jersey"?
Yes, with the counties of Atlantic, Cape May and Cumberland included. 50 73.53%
Yes, but only include the current counties in the subforum. 5 7.35%
Yes, but I think there should be a different mix of counties (please explain). 5 7.35%
No, keep it exactly how it is. 8 11.76%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:43 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times

Advertisements

Since this has been rattling around in a couple threads, why not make a poll?

Do you think that this subforum should be changed from the "New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia" to "Southern New Jersey"? Additionally, with the change, we would add the counties of Atlantic, Cape May and Cumberland which are traditionally included in the definition of South Jersey.

I was new to CD when this forum was first made and I wasn't involved with getting it created other then to agree that it made sense. So, I have no idea why it was chosen to be done the way it was. I also have no idea if this is stepping on toes to even suggest it. However, having been declared the "most informative poster" a few months back, I think I've earned the right to at least ask the question and if everyone agrees lobby for the change, lol.

So, what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times
I think the name should most definitely be change to a "Southern New Jersey" subforum. Can the head moderator of this subforum change the name?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:45 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Since this has been rattling around in a couple threads, why not make a poll?

Do you think that this subforum should be changed from the "New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia" to "Southern New Jersey"? Additionally, with the change, we would add the counties of Atlantic, Cape May and Cumberland which are traditionally included in the definition of South Jersey.

I was new to CD when this forum was first made and I wasn't involved with getting it created other then to agree that it made sense. So, I have no idea why it was chosen to be done the way it was. I also have no idea if this is stepping on toes to even suggest it. However, having been declared the "most informative poster" a few months back, I think I've earned the right to at least ask the question and if everyone agrees lobby for the change, lol.

So, what do you think?
Frank & I were involved (It was his idea.) & tried to have all of South Jersey included. We were overruled by the administrator. It was South Jersey suburbs of Philadelphia or nothing. He chose the counties.

We agreed to it, as it was better than what it had been, & assured the other South Jersey posters that we wanted them to feel welcome.

I report threads that need to be moved to the main NJ board. Usually they are moved, but there was a lot of resentment on the main board & when I've reported threads there that should be moved here they are not.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:26 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,877,552 times
Hmm. To play the devil's advocate, it would be kind of inconsistent with the rest of City-Data. For most other states, the subforums are for specific areas centered on a town or city. At a quick glance, the only "regional" forums I noticed were Northwest Indiana as well as individual subforums for each island of Hawaii. There might be more, I didn't really look too thoroughly.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:28 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,877,552 times
Also, I feel like my "version" of South Jersey is very different from what North Jerseyans think of. When I hear SJ, I think of the tri-county area. When North Jersey people hear it, they think of pineys and farms. Two completely separate visions. It's really annoying, actually.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
As was mentioned in one of the other threads, I don't think it matters because I feel like most people just treat this as the "South Jersey" forum anyway. I'm fine with "New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia," but I don't see the reason why they had to define what counties made up those suburbs.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:35 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
I think it is a no brainer. Forums are organized by state. Why the hell do they mix states with this one?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,878,330 times
true.. Thanks south..

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Frank & I were involved (It was his idea.) & tried to have all of South Jersey included. We were overruled by the administrator. It was South Jersey suburbs of Philadelphia or nothing. He chose the counties.

We agreed to it, as it was better than what it had been, & assured the other South Jersey posters that we wanted them to feel welcome.

I report threads that need to be moved to the main NJ board. Usually they are moved, but there was a lot of resentment on the main board & when I've reported threads there that should be moved here they are not.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 PM

402 posts, read 752,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
Also, I feel like my "version" of South Jersey is very different from what North Jerseyans think of. When I hear SJ, I think of the tri-county area. When North Jersey people hear it, they think of pineys and farms. Two completely separate visions. It's really annoying, actually.

I know. I never thought of myself as being "country" till I joined city-data.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
true.. Thanks south..
You're welcome Frank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia