Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 11:52 AM

28 posts, read 63,901 times

Advertisements

I am looking into rental homes around Vineland.

I would like a three bedroom home that allows pets....so apartment complexes are probably out.

What are some areas outside of the City that are good neighborhoods and good schools and small school system??

Id like it to be within 20-25 minutes of the south jersey hospital in vineland.

It doesn't need to be either suburban or rural....just a good neighborhood with decent homes/people and good schools...

Any help with an area would be great...

Also any contact info for rental homes would be great!

So far Ive called a few realitors and they haven't been very helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 12:26 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethw001 View Post
I am looking into rental homes around Vineland.

I would like a three bedroom home that allows pets....so apartment complexes are probably out.

What are some areas outside of the City that are good neighborhoods and good schools and small school system??

Id like it to be within 20-25 minutes of the south jersey hospital in vineland.

It doesn't need to be either suburban or rural....just a good neighborhood with decent homes/people and good schools...

Any help with an area would be great...

Also any contact info for rental homes would be great!

So far Ive called a few realitors and they haven't been very helpful.
This is a duplicate of another thread that you have on here. Do you not like our answers?

Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 PM

28 posts, read 63,901 times
No I do like your answer...I just thought different people would give advise...thats all

Should I not post again...

Im just worried and reaching out for any advise

If you live there can you refer me to any contacts for rentals?

Old 09-30-2011, 12:59 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethw001 View Post
No I do like your answer...I just thought different people would give advise...thats all

Should I not post again...

Im just worried and reaching out for any advise

If you live there can you refer me to any contacts for rentals?
Other people posted on your first thread on this topic after I did. If you wanted to add additional information, which you posted here, it should have gone on the other thread. Running multiple threads on the same topic confuses & dilutes the use of the thread as they are all archived for future use.

I lived in South Jersey for over 40 years & no longer live there. My sister has lived in Pitman for over 30 years & raised 2 kids there. She does not know any realtors. Are you looking for rentals on realtor.com & yahoo real estate? If you find something on those sites contact realtors. they usually have a list.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:49 AM

20 posts, read 74,994 times
A nice area in Vineland would be South Vineland. Various streets on either side of Main Rd...(which is also known as 555), have decent neighbourhoods. Middle class people who like to do the normal fun things in life like cook on the grill in the summer, take walks, ride bikes, mow lawns and tend to their gardens. Mostly peaceful quiet neighbourhoods on Rogers Ave which extends around the block to Garry Ave. Sherman Ave is not too bad either and as a matter of fact....many of the side streets off Main Road have decent neighbourhoods. On Rogers Ave there are police officers living around the block and I always felt safe or secure there.

I can't say the same for Vineland High School because the last time I visited there ....a few years ago....it was like a "War Zone". You might tend to think that the tight security within the school is an action of extreme measures brought on by the tragic high school shootings of the past like Colinbine. There are gangs in Vineland ...but they don't seem to bother residents in the peaceful neighbourhoods and this must be taken into consideration as Vineland is the largest city in New Jersey. For example....Once you depart from the middle of town...Landis Ave....everything changes. The way people live, less crime, more awareness and precaution for children etc.

You might be able to get away with sending your kids to a private school where gangs are not tolerated. You have to remember we are not making reference to "West Side Story" here. Gangs today have a twisted ideology about society. Many of them ironically follow what is relevant in the media. I try to steer my kids away from media concepts so they will have a more independent individuality about them during the important years of growth. Many of the gangs in Vineland judge people of various age groups based around how the media gives a representation of them. For example how the media gives a person who grew up in the 60's a false image socially and gangs buy into that and as a result have no respect for innocent people simply trying to live a normal life....so stay away from the center of town if you can and attempt to block that social environment from your children IF..you are going to live in Vineland. Attempt to lay a foundation socially for them that defines a kind of freedom in America. Try not to place them in an environment where they feel pressured into believing things that are simply not true. This should be the main concern for your children if you intend on moving to the Cumberland County area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia