Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 04:01 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,862,227 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know a place in nearby (South Jersey or Philly) that sells kitchen cabinets for cheap? I am considering redoing our kitchen but don't want to pay full price for cabinets at HD or Lowes. Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
what about that place southbound on rt 73 just before rt 130 overpass? Here is the link..

Kda Kitchen Distributors of America, Pennsauken NJ 08110 -- MerchantCircle.com

Old 10-27-2010, 08:42 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
There's always Howard Hill. Unfinished Furniture New Jersey-Pennsylvania-Howard Hill Furniture Retail

Another option is a Habitat ReStore. ReStore resale outlets -- Habitat for Humanity Int'l

Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,781,978 times
Tommy D's.......several locations in Philly. If this gets deleted just google them. The cabinets are real wood and KD but easy to assemble and really nice......and cheap. I installed mine 4 years ago and am very pleased.
Tommy Ds Home Improvement

Old 10-30-2010, 02:21 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Also IKEA has gorgeous kitchen cabinets. Not sure on price exactly, but would assume it's as good a value as everything else they sell.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 9,473 times
The budget which you had in mind before you start shopping for cabinets should not be relevant to your decision to buy, because:
When in a showroom, all kitchen cabinets look very similar. At the same time the price may vary significantly. There are four major factors which determine the price:
*The manufacture and the material
* The quality of the installation
* Warranties
*The company which stands behind the entire project, its reputation and referrals
This is just like buying a car. Computer Aided Design made it possible that all modern cars look cool outside; however, they all have different features, reliability and standards for the service. When designing your kitchen, you should think not only of the budget, but also of what you are willing to sacrifice for the price. In the end, you always get what you are paying for.
Cheap material may fade, chip and pill. Wood can expand or contract and then the doors won't close. A bad installation can cause damages which are not covered by the manufacture. Good warranties provide only good companies and therefore peace of mind is a part of the purchase.
When I design kitchens, I believe that along with the chosen material, the customer should always get the best quality, real warranties and 100% guaranteed satisfaction. This is possible by distinguishing between "needs" and "wants". So, this way the final budget should be affordable.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:16 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,873 times
KD my husband, who is also a Kitchen Designer just read your response and said that he could not have said it better. He has people on a daily basis that want to install (or have a friend) that will install their kitchen cabinets "cheaply". The problem as you said are Warranties, is the wall level? So many things can go wrong if you don't know what you are doing. When we were selling our home in So. Jersey to relocate 7 yrs. ago, it was my designer kitchen that sold the house. When we bought new construction in NC, the first thing my husband did was to tear apart our kitchen and get rid of the "built in place" kitchen cabinets and installed Hickory Spice cabinets, designing the kitchen around my needs for ease, convenience and beauty. The pull out shelves, lazy Susan and pull out pantry add to the beauty of the kitchen without having to add footage to the exsisting space.
It depends on if you are redoing the kitchen to sell your home or just redoing it for your own pleasure, cheap is never a good thing. It will cost you more money in the long run one way or another.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,862,227 times
Not really. If you are on a budget, cheap can be a very good thing. Not everyone can afford top quality materials. Cheap cabinets can work just fine and last quite a long time.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:45 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,092,699 times
Check Craig's List. Some people gut their kitchens and have very useable cabinets. You would need to know what size, style, etc. you prefer though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia