Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2007, 05:15 AM

88 posts, read 273,489 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are relocating to the Concord area in the next month or so. I'm am so, so excited but have one great fear. We have two middle school boys who are currently in a small Catholic School. Besides Faith, we chose the school because the public schools in our district are top-rated but way overcrowded. Didn't want my boys to be just a number.

What we are looking for is either a good school district that is small enough to not get lost but developed enough to have a good academic program. It would be WONDERFUL not to have to pay the huge tuition we've been stuck with here. If we can't find this we are then looking for another good Catholic School to enroll the boys in.

The areas we are considering right now are Concord, East Concord, Hopkinton, Bow, Boscawen, and Penatook (?). My husband's company will be just north of Concord and he doesn't want a long comute. He says the closer the better

Thanks for any advice you can give. Also, we will be look for a realtor. Any recommendations?

I can not wait till we are all settled in!
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 08:23 AM

639 posts, read 3,529,468 times
Smile I hear ya!

If your sons are in the environment right now, then may be you should think about keeping them right in the private Catholic schools when you move here, I would think? I heard a LOT of good things about these two schools conveniently located right in Concord, NH:

St. John Regional School which is located at 61 So. State St. right in Concord. 603 225-3223

Bishop Brady High School located at 25 Columbus Ave. 603 224-7418.

I have 6 nieces and nephews that all went to Sacred Heart School in Hampton and then St. Thomas HS in Dover, NH. but these would be too far for them from the Concord area. It pays off to keep them in that environment, rather than switching them! I can see it in these kids right now and they're in college and some are beyond that now. It absolutely pays off, don't let any one kid you either about it with this debate!

Good luck, I would think if your kids are in school and your husband is working in Concord? Then check out the real estate listings in realtor dot com or nh living dot com right in Concord or the next few towns near it this way it might steer you to a few good realtors in the Concord area.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:30 AM

29 posts, read 245,690 times
You can also check http://www.nneren.com/
it is a wonderful resource and you can search by county first and the map can show you surrounding towns to Concord. This shows all MLS listings in the area.

No advice on the school situation as my kids are all home schooled.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:32 AM

88 posts, read 273,489 times
Thank you so much for that information. I will look into those schools right now.

Another option we have is homeschooling. We were considering it for one son who has an auditory processing issue. The language pathologist said she thought it would be good for him, just that he needs to still have a good number of activities in group settings to continue working on his skills. Does anyone know about homeschool groups in the Concord area?

Thanks again for the info!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:41 AM

29 posts, read 245,690 times
NH is very home school friendly.
I'm not sure what is in Concord for groups, but we are part of a wonderful co-op group just outside of Manchester (probably 15-20 mins from Concord). We have classes 2 days a week and lots of field trips and activities. People come from all over - even up from MA, so it's a wide-spread group. Over 300 families.
You might check www.hslda.com for links to area groups or at least a group that might have other links for you.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:57 AM

37 posts, read 156,669 times
Hi,
There are two Catholic Schools in Concord as referanced above.I have heard nothing but good about St.Johns and my son went to Bishop Brady HS(for the very reasons you stated)
Please feel free to contact me for any area information you may be looing for!
Good Luck

Last edited by NeverTooLate; 04-28-2008 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-28-2008, 10:14 AM

282 posts, read 1,186,917 times
Great public schools in both Bow and Hopkinton. Fairly small numbers as well, not large at all. I have also heard great things about St. John's in Concord. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire