Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 PM

142 posts, read 573,637 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,Looking for reviews or suggestions on Furniture Stores. I need to buy a Dining Room Set,I know there are a few in Nashua but I don't know the good stores from the bad. Any reviews or suggestions please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 06:14 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,139,717 times
I've been everywhere. My favorite shop was Furniture World, but they went out of business.

Recently, I looked for a leather sofa. I started with Bob's. Nada....limited selection. Mostly fake leather or what is called bonded leather.

Then I went to Bernie & Phil's...better selection but high prices. They have a clearance section that is mostly junk or furniture with holes in it.

I found exactly what I was looking for in the new furniture outlet store in Jordans. Exceptional prices and beautiful quality. I purchased my dining room set there many years ago and it survived my family's growing years. Still looks good as new.

good luck!

Old 01-22-2009, 06:17 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
roerinaci - Not sure what kind you're looking for, but did you try Pilgrim Furniture or Mill River Furniture here in Littleton? Both have websites.

When we moved up here, our sofa wouldn't fit through the doors in the rental and we had to buy a new one - we got it at Pilgrim furniture.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:03 PM

571 posts, read 1,318,613 times
Don't forget Building 19 on Amherst st. We got our bedroom dresser with mirrors there. The only problem is they don't deliver.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
I like Harris Family Furniture. We have purchased furniture in the Chichester and Laconia stores. They have one in Plymouth but we have never been to that one. We purchased our Ekornes Stressless leather living room set from them last year and love it. We have been pleased with all of our furniture from them throughout the years.

Last edited by nicolem; 01-23-2009 at 05:25 AM..

Old 01-23-2009, 06:19 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,067,185 times
I haven't really liked Bob's; their selection seemed cheap, their sales people clingy, and their store stank like BO when we walked in the door. We also had two awful experiences with Jordan's. Once the delivery guys dropped the glass dining room table we ordered on the way in and then tried to convince us to accept delivery/keep it until it could get fixed in 8-12 weeks and were mad when we refused to (the glass was shattered and all over our floor; rendering the table useless). Then another time we ordered a couch and were told it would be in within 4-6 weeks, 8 at the latest. At week 6 we were told it was delayed another 2 weeks (fine), at week 10 we were told it would be in the following week (late, but whatever- great), then from week 11+ it was "on a truck and would arrive the following week"...week 16...we cancelled the order and bought from elsewhere.

On the other hand:
I've been happy with Bernie and Philys' in Nashua. Our salesperson Stacey has been great. They have some so-so furniture but also plenty of good furniture at good prices- our new dining room table is solid wood & wonderful and our sectional was good quality at a good price.

There are also a lot of smaller stores that seem pretty good, although many didn't carry the style we wanted (most were very colonial). One in Hooksett though that sells only American made furniture blatently lied about who made one of their sofas; it was their "custom manufacturer", no- it was Four Seasons. I don't understand why they had a to lie about that...

We've also gotten stuff from Stickley, Audi, & Co...they are located just oustide the Natick Collection Mall in MA. They are a different tier/caliber all together though- selling top end furniture and the quality/appearance of the furniture is worth the price (if its an option). No tax if you live in NH... They actually have some pretty good sales, very frequently in this economy. We're talking $7k sofas for $2.5k...

Old 01-23-2009, 06:56 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
If it is worth the ride, check the furniture outlets in Gardner MA.
Greater Gardner Furniture Outlets

Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
League of New Hampshire craftsmen has some furniture available. Most of ours came from family attic and similar. I also made a half dozen pine bookcases. The wood came from a sawmill just down the road.

The Gardner complex has some nice stuff that is above our budget. Note pine bookcases.

Last edited by GregW; 01-23-2009 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: a

Old 01-23-2009, 08:07 AM

680 posts, read 2,440,798 times
Not sure what style you like, but we just bought some chairs from Chilton in Maine (just outside Portland). There's no sales tax if you have it delivered to NH. They weren't on sale when I bought them (although it looks like they're having a sale now) but I asked for and received a discount. I think their stuff is nice - real wood, traditional Shaker style.

Chilton Furniture Store (http://www.chiltons.com/store/ - broken link)

Old 01-23-2009, 10:10 AM

142 posts, read 573,637 times
Thank You everyone for all your suggestions right now I'm torn between Formal and Shaker style,we are going to look around this weekend and try and narrow it down. I did look online at Jordan's and found a formal set that we love but want to see it in person. Also want to check out some other stores that you all have mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire