Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:29 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,200,465 times

Advertisements

LOVE IS IN THE AIR!

OK, THIS IS THE OFFICIAL ANNIVERSARY THREAD!

AND THE NEW HAMPSHIRE FORUM IS THE OFFICIAL HAPPY PARTY

PLACE!! WOOHOOOO!!ANOTHER REASON TO

CELEBRATE!!! COOL!

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ALL OF THE WONDERFUL COUPLES

THAT FORM PART OF THE NH FORUM OF FRIENDS!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO COMET & HIS

LOVELY WIFETHAT ARE AWAY, CELEBRATING THEIR LOVE!

BLESSINGS TO YOU BOTH!ENJOY!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO NANCIEGORD!

AND HUBBY ON SEPTEMBER 1 CHEERS TO YOU BOTH!

NUMBER 35! WOW! VERY NICE!

SEPTEMBER 2 HAPPY HAPPY

ANNIVERSARYTO OUR DEAR PURPLE LADY

DARE TO DREAM!

AND HER HUBBY ON THEIR SECOND YEAR ANNIVERSARY

AND MANY MORE YEARS TO COME TO YOU BOTH!

SEPTEMBER 17 CONGRATS TO SUZETTE!

On her QUARTER of a CENTURY TOGETHER! WOOHOOO!!

WHAT A BLESSING SUZETTE!MAY YOU BOTH CONTINUE TO

ALWAYS BE HAPPY!And CELEBRATE IT IN NH! LOL!

CONGRATSTO ALL OF THE WONDERFUL

COUPLES HERE CELEBRATING THEIR LOVE!MANY MANY

BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL!MAY YOU ALL BE VERY VERY

HAPPY TODAY & ALWAYS!MAY YOU NEVER TAKE EACH

OTHER FOR GRANTED!MAY YOU ALWAYS APPRECIATE

EACH OTHER! MAY YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU FELT

ABOUT EACH OTHER ON THAT BEAUTIFUL WEDDING DAY

WHETHER THAT WAS 1 year ago or 25 years, or 50 years!

Try to keep the ROMANCE ALIVE IN GOOD & BAD TIMES!

TRY TO SURPRISE EACH OTHER WITH LITTLE THINGS EACH DAY!

BE NICE & LOVING TO EACH OTHERALL YEAR LONG!

NEVER GIVE UP ON EACH OTHERNO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!

ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW MUCH YOU LOVED EACH OTHER

ON THAT WEDDING DAY!

WHAT A BLESSING TO HAVE FOUND YOUR

SOULMATEYOUR PARTNER in LIFE!TREASURE THEM!

LOVE IS!

LOVE IS PATIENT!

LOVE IS KIND!IT IS NOT JEALOUS!IT IS NOT POMPOUS

LOVE IS NOT QUICK-TEMPERED

LOVE IS NOT INFLATED!

LOVE BEARS ALL THINGS!!

LOVE BELIEVES ALL THINGS!

LOVE HOPES ALL THINGS!

LOVE ENDURES ALL THINGS!

LOVE NEVER FAILS!

Out of FAITH, HOPE, LOVE remain these three

But the GREATEST

OF THESE IS LOVE!!!!

HAPPYHAPPYANNIVERSARYTO ALL OF MY NH

FORUM FRIENDS! ENJOY & CELEBRATE EACH OTHER!

CELEBRATE YOUR LOVE!

CHEERS TO YOU ALL!MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU & YOUR

LOVED ONES RELATIONSHIPS!

CAKECHOCOLATEDRINKS FOR ALL!

CHEERS!

((HUGS))

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 09-02-2008 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU! :0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY! :0) PAY IT FORWARD!:0) ((HUGS)):0)

Old 09-02-2008, 05:14 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,178,972 times
Awwww, thank you Country and Happy Anniversary to ALL! I think NHG and her hubby had an anniversary last month, too.

Now, please excuse the ramble that's coming My husband and I both came out of bad marriages with abusive spouses - My prior marriage was 20 years, he was verbally abusive for the most part, when it escalated, I left. My husband's wife was verbally abusive and very controlling, they were together for almost 30 years. With that said, we both learned from the experience.

We have been married for 2 years, but we've been together for 10. We've experienced many ups and downs in those 10 years, but we've never lost sight of the fact that what we have is special. We were friends first, which I think is very important. There's not a day that goes by that we don't express our feelings for each other and we also thank each other for being who we are. Coming from where we were in our previous marriages, we feel that's very important.

As an example, my husband is what some would call "old-fashioned" (although looking at him with his long hair and mustache you would never believe it <g>). He is very "traditional" in that he feels the man should be the "bread-winner." When he was 'resourced' by IBM and we moved up here, it was very hard on him - I became the "bread-winner" with regards to income and it was very hard on him. (We both got scr*wed in our divorce settlements, but that's another story.) I made it a point to tell him that it was his years with IBM that enabled us to buy our home in the first place. Yes, I may make more than he does now on a monthly/yearly basis, but he saves us a ton of money by being able to do things some would have to pay to have done - he can fix plumbing problems, he can do repairs to the house without having to call someone, etc. He works long hours as a furniture maker - he's 59 and the work he does is quite physical, but he still does more than some 30-year-olds that he works with (according to his boss, not him <g>). He leaves the house a little after 6 a.m. and returns a little after 6 p.m. Monday thru Thursday. I make sure when he gets home, he has a hot dinner waiting for him - he ALWAYS thanks me for fixing dinner! I currently work for 2 companies, one from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., the other from 11 a.m. to whenever. I have more flexibility with my work. If we need something, I work a little longer or on a day off so we can get it without touching our savings. He doesn't complain.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we learned from our previous marriages how "special" our relationship is and we make sure we tell each other how much we appreciate each other every day, not just on special days. For those who have been happily married for many years, I know you know what I'm talking about - I guess this post is more for someone who may be reading who have not been married for very long and hit a rough patch and think of throwing in the towel when the going gets rough.

We moved up here on a wing and a prayer, pretty much. We knew nobody in the area - I really think that helped to bring us closer together...we were building a new life, basically with just "us" to rely on - no family nearby, no friends nearby, and we succeeded. I guess this post could also be for those looking to relocate, who may be away from friends and family....if it can be done at our age, those of you who are younger can also do it!

Now, all of the above is not to say there aren't times I'd like to brain him with a frying pan and vice versa, but those times are few and far between

We got married "twice" 2 years ago - legally here in NH and then "ceremonial" back in NY at the end of the month for our friends and families back there....and we both do it again.....Of course with our 2 "weddings" nobody can remember our anniversary! Hehehehe.

And now I will shut up.....

Old 09-02-2008, 06:02 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,250,082 times
Thats awsome . Thank you for sharing.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:48 AM

91 posts, read 307,876 times
Happy Anniversary!!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Awwww, thank you Country and Happy Anniversary to ALL! I think NHG and her hubby had an anniversary last month, too.

Now, please excuse the ramble that's coming My husband and I both came out of bad marriages with abusive spouses - My prior marriage was 20 years, he was verbally abusive for the most part, when it escalated, I left. My husband's wife was verbally abusive and very controlling, they were together for almost 30 years. With that said, we both learned from the experience.

We have been married for 2 years, but we've been together for 10. We've experienced many ups and downs in those 10 years, but we've never lost sight of the fact that what we have is special. We were friends first, which I think is very important. There's not a day that goes by that we don't express our feelings for each other and we also thank each other for being who we are. Coming from where we were in our previous marriages, we feel that's very important.

As an example, my husband is what some would call "old-fashioned" (although looking at him with his long hair and mustache you would never believe it <g>). He is very "traditional" in that he feels the man should be the "bread-winner." When he was 'resourced' by IBM and we moved up here, it was very hard on him - I became the "bread-winner" with regards to income and it was very hard on him. (We both got scr*wed in our divorce settlements, but that's another story.) I made it a point to tell him that it was his years with IBM that enabled us to buy our home in the first place. Yes, I may make more than he does now on a monthly/yearly basis, but he saves us a ton of money by being able to do things some would have to pay to have done - he can fix plumbing problems, he can do repairs to the house without having to call someone, etc. He works long hours as a furniture maker - he's 59 and the work he does is quite physical, but he still does more than some 30-year-olds that he works with (according to his boss, not him <g>). He leaves the house a little after 6 a.m. and returns a little after 6 p.m. Monday thru Thursday. I make sure when he gets home, he has a hot dinner waiting for him - he ALWAYS thanks me for fixing dinner! I currently work for 2 companies, one from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., the other from 11 a.m. to whenever. I have more flexibility with my work. If we need something, I work a little longer or on a day off so we can get it without touching our savings. He doesn't complain.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we learned from our previous marriages how "special" our relationship is and we make sure we tell each other how much we appreciate each other every day, not just on special days. For those who have been happily married for many years, I know you know what I'm talking about - I guess this post is more for someone who may be reading who have not been married for very long and hit a rough patch and think of throwing in the towel when the going gets rough.

We moved up here on a wing and a prayer, pretty much. We knew nobody in the area - I really think that helped to bring us closer together...we were building a new life, basically with just "us" to rely on - no family nearby, no friends nearby, and we succeeded. I guess this post could also be for those looking to relocate, who may be away from friends and family....if it can be done at our age, those of you who are younger can also do it!

Now, all of the above is not to say there aren't times I'd like to brain him with a frying pan and vice versa, but those times are few and far between

We got married "twice" 2 years ago - legally here in NH and then "ceremonial" back in NY at the end of the month for our friends and families back there....and we both do it again.....Of course with our 2 "weddings" nobody can remember our anniversary! Hehehehe.

And now I will shut up.....
What a nice post. Happy anniversary to you and your husband. I think it is very important to be friends. Finding the right person is awesome-especially if they are your best friend as well.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:07 AM

Happy anniversary NancieGord and hubby!

Happy anniversary DTD and hubby!

Happy anniversary to Suzet and hubby!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:20 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,453,251 times
Happy Anniversary to:
Comet, Nancie, Dare, Suzet and...Nicole, didn't you mention in the other thread that yours is coming up too? If so, happy anniversary to you also!
Dare, what a cool story.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:27 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,307,324 times
Talking great thread.......thankyou country

first of all thankyou country for starting this thread. dare that is very touching and i know where your coming from about the ups and downs and the frying pan thing... my DW and i have been together for 8 years and married for ,well it will be 6 years nov 2nd... i met my DW on the internet and she lived in n.h with me for 2 years until her dad got ill and then passed away. so then we moved to n.y to take care of my mil since she lived all alone. then we decided to get married. at the time i was in the fire dept and got married in my uniform and had are reception at the fire house which i might add was a blast. we plan on renewing our vows on our 10th anniversary. so , needless to say it was rough when we first moved to a state were i didn't know anyone but it worked out just fine. i knew i had her to help me through it so i would be fine... like dare sorry for the rambling...it's just nice learning about the people you talk to everyday...

Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 AM

120 posts, read 1,171,225 times
How nice of country. Wishing the best and many more to you all who are celebrating.

My hubby and i also have two dates the real one and the one for famliy. Everyone always forgets which one to celebrate. We got married on Oct 9th and that is the one we celebrate.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith77 View Post
How nice of country. Wishing the best and many more to you all who are celebrating.

My hubby and i also have two dates the real one and the one for famliy. Everyone always forgets which one to celebrate. We got married on Oct 9th and that is the one we celebrate.

We are a day before you. Our anniversary is Oct 8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: