Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 04:56 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,220,986 times

Advertisements

I think Keene is a keen place to live if you like smaller cities. Taxes suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 10:30 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,492,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I think Keene is a keen place to live if you like smaller cities. Taxes suck.
It isn't a small city, its a small town.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:31 AM

3,886 posts, read 3,512,505 times
It has traffic lights. It's a city.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:15 PM

161 posts, read 168,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
It isn't a small city, its a small town.
You do realize that most towns in NH (more like villages) have less than 5000 people, right? Keene is relatively significant in NH. Obviously its small compared to a cosmopolitan city like Philadelphia.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:30 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,492,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3154 View Post
You do realize that most towns in NH (more like villages) have less than 5000 people, right? Keene is relatively significant in NH. Obviously its small compared to a cosmopolitan city like Philadelphia.
Yes, I am well aware what NH is like. I was born and raised there. But just because Keene is "big" in New Hampshire doesn't make it a city on a real scale. Ask anyone not from there and they will tell you Keene is a cute, postcard-like small town. The only thing that one could really consider actually city-like in NH is Manchester, and maybe Nashua.

Again, smallness isn't a bad thing and one of the big reasons so many people like New Hampshire. But calling Keene a city is a far stretch.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:54 AM

168 posts, read 151,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
Wierdos? Guess so, if you count voters that did not vote for Trump. We tend to be more liberal around here. I suppose you folks consider Nashua's strip malls to be attractive? Or maybe the wall to wall tourist traps in the lakes? Maybe Berlin is your style?

To each their own.

I don't consider people who voted for Trump weirdos, I consider them scumbags, well that is they voted for Hillary. I don't like Keen or that whole area of the state. Some of the towns/cities in NH I like most are Chester, Hampstead, Kingston, Stratham, Portsmouth (even though it's liberal), Auburn, Hampton Falls, Kensington, Rye, Hanover, Holderness, Henniker and a few more.

Places that suck: Keene and that corner of the state, Nashua, Dover, Somersworth, Pelham, Salem, Rochester, Plaistow, Durham, Newmarket, Madbury and a few others.

Places I'm indifferent to: Concord, Derry, Londonderry, everywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire