Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Portsmouth: near restaurants, factory outlets, tax free areas, best beaches

Old 11-08-2006, 06:45 PM

37 posts, read 262,196 times

Advertisements

What a pretty little town!! The people were super nice and the bars and restaurants were excellent especially the Japanese restaurant in downtown. We went there exclusivly for the UMass vs UNH game but quickly realized we were in a very nice area with lots to do. This is about as far into NH I went but I was very impressed by Portsmouth and plan on making this a yearly trip. Loved the outlets in Kittery ME too. My fiance would never go for it but I would definitly consider a move to this area. How are the home prices in this area? Also is there anything bad about this area that I should know??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2006, 07:22 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,479,646 times
Ya stay away when the tall ships come in lol, or walk but don't drive. It's a very nice town kinda pricy but a nice town.If you like factory outlets go to Conway NH its bigger than Kittery and TAX FREE.Well the factory outlet part is bigger than kittery.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:56 AM

29 posts, read 133,995 times
Just had to jump in to say that Portsmouth is my hometown. I live in another state now, and I miss Portsmouth very much. It is a beautiful place.

My family and I made a stop there last week as we were traveling for Thanksgiving, and my husband and I admitted to each other that we'd both like to move back, which changes the original plans we'd had for summer '07. Now we're trying to find a job that won't have my husband having to commute to Boston. I know people do it, but I'd like to have him home more than he would be if he works in Boston.

I love Portsmouth, and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip there. It's almost like I'm more "me" there.

(And if you want the absolute best beach (in my humble opinion), go to Jenness Beach. The beaches have signs, so you should be able to find it on Rte. 1A. Ask for directions. My favorite beach by far.)

Old 12-01-2006, 02:22 PM

7 posts, read 40,161 times
Default Relocating to NH?

Hi,

I just found this website as I was trying to find opportuntities to connect with people relocating to this area!

Why? I am the HR Director for a civil engineering firm and am always on the lookout for great new employees and have found a good deal of success with people who are moving to this area.

If you are from away and looking for information on links for job searches for this area - here's a few to try - jobsinnh.com, seacoastcareers.com, craigslist-nh, etc...no, I don't get endorsements...

If any civil/environmental engineers or their spouses/relatives, etc., are out there on the link we are always on the lookout for great people - even if plans to move are several years off. Also, I'd be more than happy to send candidates along to colleagues at other types of industries.

Here are some other links about NH - nhliving.com, the state of NH website...

For those relocating - one item to consider is that NH property taxes vary greatly from one town to the next (we have no income or sales tax) - this means be sure you get the listing of evaluation rates by town while you are looking at real estate...I believe you can get the list through the state website.

Those that are interested, our website is www.cldengineers.com! We have offices in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont!

Last edited by lizajane; 12-01-2006 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: attached earlier version to wrong thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire