Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:10 AM

8,272 posts, read 11,009,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
Sure looks like the rose window is in the Master bedroom. This better set of pictures shows a loft right under the window. The new section houses the indoor pool.

41 Kelsea Ave, Center Harbor, NH 03226 is For Sale - Zillow

can't believe it's up for auction...$50K starting bid.

wonder what the taxes would be on that baby.

The church part remains the same.

The lady who purchased from Catholic Church added a very large new house attached to back of church. With some matching décor to church.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:31 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,203,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman123 View Post
Atheism doesn't exclude churchgoing. Church is an excellent social glue. If you are a true atheist, they could tell you god is a pudding and you wouldn't care. Truth is, old New England culture is built around church as a meeting a place, not an ideal. The ideal was a functioning society where people cared, but didn't impose, you wanted the best for your neighbor, but you didn't preach at them. They know what's good, and what would make mom ashamed, after that, it's their lookout if they act according to conscience or not.

That said, Congregational churches are great places for practical people. Meet for preaching a bit, but aside from that, it's church as I believe a god intended; a place to plan how to help others, a place to meet, and a place to become a community. If you're looking for a real New Hampshire community, joining a low-key church is your best bet, where people may believe in god, but they certainly believe in community.
True. But I rather not listen to all the "god bless" interjections in the conversations.

I work with a very christian young woman. She was working nights and was unhappy about that, so I found her a job opening for part time midday. And I did that because I'm a good listener and a nice person. Well... first she started with the thanks and she told me that god must have sent me to help her out. Then there were a few spontaneous exclamations of how Jesus loves me. Now we don't talk unless absolutely necessary.

I like helping people, but once they start giving their god thanks for my help, they are dead to me. The same goes for street bums holding signs saying god bless for my donations in advance. I don't need that craziness in my life.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:00 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,735,806 times
Ok, for the last time: this is the NH forum. Not religion forum. Not "Taxes are evil" forum. Not "evolution vs creationism" or whatnot.
I promise you all, next time someone hijacks a thread and turns it into something about religion and/or politics, he's getting a 2 week long time out.
Think whether it's worth it.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire