Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:16 AM

23 posts, read 82,496 times

Advertisements

My husband just got a pharmacist position floating between the NH Walgreens stores. We are a young couple getting ready to start a family. School systems don't really matter because I may homeschool and that is a few years away anyways... We looking to move in May to somewhere around Concord or Manchester. We would like to rent a single family home or maybe a duplex (something with a little privacy). We like being more rural so it definitely does not have to be in the city. We would like to spend no more than $1200 a month. Any ideas on towns within 30 minutes of Concord/Manchester that would be nice, safe, and have houses for rent in our budget? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 09:42 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,402,912 times
Why are you renting instead of buying? Your husband is a pharmacist and you can only afford $1200? That's going to make it hard to find a house.

Anyway here are some towns around Manchester or as we locals call it, Manchvegas:

Auburn
Chester
Candia
Deerfield
Goffstown
Dunbarton
Litchfield

Around Concord:

Hopkinton
Bow
Webster
Boscawen
Pembroke
Chichester
Canterbury

I think you would do better to live closer to Manchester than Concord though

Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 AM

We are just graduating and would not be approved for a home loan or we would be buying. We also have student loan debt therefore we want to find an apartment that allows us to pay off our loans and still live comfortably. Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 AM

Yeah I just did a quick search on a few different sites and for $1200 a month you're mostly looking at apartments, not houses. Not saying you won't be able to find a house/deuplex for $1200 but it will take a lot of looking.

Where you moving here from?

Old 02-22-2013, 09:52 AM

When my wife and I were younger and renting we actually had very good luck with finding housing on Craigslist. We found a beutiful in law apartment in Kingston with a family. it was basically an add on to thier hosue that they rented out cheap to people they thoroughly checked out.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM

We are originally from Maine but are in Fl for school. We are in Fort Lauderdale right now. Maybe we could go a little higher for rent but not too much. We have a lot of student loans

Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 AM

Check this out. it's in Kingston which is not right outside Concord or Manchester but Kingston is a vry nice rural town to live in.

GREAT RENTAL

Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 AM

Thank you! Hopefully we can find something. We can pretty much move anywhere in the area so at least we aren't tied down to one town to pick from.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 AM

The one thing I would advise is to stay away from apartment complexes at all costs. They tend to rent to people you probably don't want to be around if you get my drift. Your best bet is to find something independent, a family renting a nice piece of proprty as additional income. You have ot look around but they're out there.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 AM

That would be nice but we have a 5 pound dog and it says no pets forgot to mention we have a little dog. He is extremely well behaved and never has accidents or anything but some people dont want to take the chance with their property which I understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire