Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:19 PM

951 posts, read 1,657,812 times

Advertisements

I love Italian food!! Stop it!! You are making me hungry.

I believe that garlic is one of the world's most perfect foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 12:32 PM

450 posts, read 559,107 times
agreed

there;s no decent italian restaurants here where I am at all so I just cook myself which of course pleases the misses

for a few minutes anyway

Old 10-05-2007, 06:05 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,542,213 times
[SIZE=3]McD’s, In-N-Out, BK? Not my cup of tea. Donuts whether from KK or DD, just don’t quite agree with me. I use to like a donut from Winchells when I was six! Taco Bell was my afternoon snack as a teenager, but haven’t eaten there in many…MANY years. My son begs me to take him to Wendy’s & occasionally I’ll give in; although I’m waiting for the day he will request The Habit or Baja Fresh. Now, when on the East Coast I’d much prefer a cup of Clam Chowda’ or a Lobsta’ Roll, especially with a view of the Atlantic & an ocean breeze (with all the saltiness to boot). And why on earth or there so many Subways now? Please give me a Mom & Pop shop…I’d give anything for a good steak bomb (no hots though!), a piece of pizz’er or a hoagie…yum![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I’d rather brew my own coffee at home, but sometimes I treat myself to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, which can only be beat by DDs. Nothin’ better then the mix of aromas that envelope you when you step inside a DDs on a cool crisp fall day & the warmth kind’a grabs you too! (it’s actually 20 degrees cooler here in SoCali then in NH today!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Grocery stores never seemed to matter, once upon a time, then there was the strike in Cali & then after that, they’ve never quite lived up to my expectations (that I never knew I had). I really enjoy shopping at Trader Joe’s (…enjoy shopping for groceries? Never knew it was in me). But, while in New Hampshire, Shaws has always suited our needs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]“Give a hoot & don’t polute” ( What’s the name of that owl? Is this a Cali thing? ) Anyway, this is what I would say to my friends when I was young; as I threw away their trash <gasp!> in of all places a rubbish barrel. None of them were illegals, but they did think I was a bit odd (somehow they liked that about me).[/SIZE]

Old 10-05-2007, 06:30 PM

32 posts, read 149,734 times
We are originally from Western NY. We loved our Wegmans grocery store. None here. I have to honestly say I am not that thrilled with the 3 nearest where we live here in Merrimack (Shaws, Stop N Shop and Hannafords). We miss some of the restaurants we had in NY that we don't have here. You will find that you adjust if you just keep an open mind. There are things here we didn't have there. So it evens out.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 PM

ban all chains and let just family places to reopen I know never going to happen in many places now

it's one of the things what makes New england,

going down the main street where all the streets are all family owned places where you get served with please and thank you, they take care in their product and you get to know the people

now it's chains where people come and go they don't care about the product, they are rude because the people there can go and get another job elsewhere etc etc

of course it's not all people who work there are all like that but it would be wonderful I think if we could get back to how it used to be

how many times do you hear someone coming in moving in from outside and then saying it's no good here there';s no starbucks or target, burger king mc donalds or wherever

why move

Last edited by remember-voltaire; 10-05-2007 at 09:16 PM..

Old 10-06-2007, 04:19 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,962,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
I love Italian food!! Stop it!! You are making me hungry.

I believe that garlic is one of the world's most perfect foods.
I loveeeeeee garlic!! As far as I am concerned you cant use too much. I make this awesome pot roast with atleast 12 or so cloves of garlic pushed into it....yummy. Now if it would just cool down enough to put me in the mood to make a pot roast...lol. I hate cooking when it is hot outside

Old 10-06-2007, 09:54 AM

I hate cooking when it is hot outside

go inside to cook and turn your a/c on

Old 10-06-2007, 12:21 PM

835 posts, read 2,879,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin&Mark View Post
We are originally from Western NY. We loved our Wegmans grocery store. None here. I have to honestly say I am not that thrilled with the 3 nearest where we live here in Merrimack (Shaws, Stop N Shop and Hannafords). We miss some of the restaurants we had in NY that we don't have here. You will find that you adjust if you just keep an open mind. There are things here we didn't have there. So it evens out.
Ah, yes...Wegmans. Great store! My husband is from WNY, and everytime we visit family still in that area we definitely take a trip to Wegmans. In my hometown area of NJ they've recently put in a Wegmans also. As far as restaurants, his favorite is...oh what's the name?...it's a family restaurant and they serve chicken with some kind of special sauce for dipping. He has to go everytime.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:10 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,962,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remember-voltaire View Post
I hate cooking when it is hot outside

go inside to cook and turn your a/c on

Hahaha, somehow it just doesnt seem the same.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:39 PM

sorry suzet couldn't resist you walked right into that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire