Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 01:43 PM

611 posts, read 1,204,463 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all of the helpful input! I never thought of just removing the gutters for the winter. I'm glad to hear that metal roofs work so well (when they are the right kind). My DH's friend who said that metal roofs had issues might have said that due to experiences with them here in Washington. I doubt they are held to the same standards as we do not get a significant snow load here and our biggest issue is torrential rain 9 months out of the year.
Since this will be where we live until we are too old to keep up a house safely anymore, we want to build it with the best products that require the least amount of semi-dangerous maintenance (neither one of us want to be climbing on a roof when we're 70).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire