Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:48 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,993,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Is the sea bass as good as pacific sea bass-like Chilean sea bass, in your opinion? I love to charcoal it with mesquite chips.
How the hell would I know that answer? LOL Geeze..

Here we have Strippers, or Stripped Bass in the salt water and they are fine eattin' probably far better than any west coast fishes.

I can't just flip a *** and catch a western fish ya know!

But we yanks got the best lobster, best clams and some fine swords.

All the west has any better than eatting dirt, is them Alaskan crabs yum

Come ta' think of it, eatting clams is about like eatting dirt, just more muddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother227 View Post
Rt 16 has always looked like a parking lot in the summer,Probably worse now than what I rememberI always used to like to take the back way home, Rt 153 down through Effingham and Wakefield.
Yeah, I know other roads like 41, that goes to 153 and etc.

I slipped out of here yesterday afternoon nawth bound, and slipped right across the Kanc easy like. Go figure

Only bad traffic was leaving Center Harbor right after fire works. I even caught the grande finally at Brett School here in Tamworth not stopping, and slid right thru that mess too. It seems I have a knack for doing that sometimes.

In fact the traffic problem in CH was reduced to getting out of the parking lot, and at the lights taking a back road loop to Rt 25, coming out on the other side of the roads going to homes in that local area. I by passed all the left turners that way. Well I learned the fan on my Nomad works anyway.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:02 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,731,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

Here we have Strippers, or Stripped Bass in the salt water and they are fine eattin' probably far better than any west coast fishes.

Come ta' think of it, eatting clams is about like eatting dirt, just more muddy.
Why do you think I moved from Californ-ie to NH

Old 07-05-2011, 09:11 AM

CRS moment man. Hmmm where to get strippers with no boat. used to be the bridge under the Spaulding at the Great Bay, but they are ripping up the old bridge there right now. It's a maybe.

Maybe a boat rental off the coast of NH and down to around Plumb Island. I used to go the the Parker River from Eagle Hill Mass in small craft. My Dad used to live on Eagle Hill, and had boats there, and so did his neighbors.

My Dad is long gone and so are most of the old style neighbors. Back then you could just ask and get a boat easy. Those days are gone.

There are party/fish boats for a fee out of Glouster. They rent a rod, bait your hooks and gut your fish. Wolf Fish aren't real bad either just don't stick a finger in it's mouth.

In Manchester by the Sea I used to go kayaking and catch flounders to eat and sand sharks to Nantucket Sleigh Ride. Strippers run that inlet in season too. Most of Maine has strippers in that fishes season too.

Don't eat cod in summer. If you do you won't need to ask why. eww.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:33 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,254,712 times
Quote:
Rt 16 has always looked like a parking lot in the summer,Probably worse now than what I rememberI always used to like to take the back way home, Rt 153 down through Effingham and Wakefield.
I was on 153 yesterday headed to Conway.There seemed to be a lot more traffic than i remembered.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Ever eat at Mrs. Wakefields Diner ?
Had breakfast there a couple hours ago.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:07 AM

96 posts, read 620,412 times
Quote:
Ever eat at Mrs. Wakefields Diner ?
Where is that? Used to live in Sanbornville so if it's there it must have opened after I moved away.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Where is that? Used to live in Sanbornville so if it's there it must have opened after I moved away.
It's on the left going north just past the Rt 109 intersection Its a old dining car style diner. Origionally from Albany N.Y. Present owner has been there since 1998.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:15 AM

24 posts, read 40,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

I am with you, nothing beats the north east fish! Catfish just doesn't cut it.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:15 AM

96 posts, read 620,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
It's on the left going north just past the Rt 109 intersection Its a old dining car style diner. Origionally from Albany N.Y. Present owner has been there since 1998.
O.K., that's why I don't remember it,I left in 1996.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire