Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 01:56 PM

3 posts, read 7,253 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,
My family can possibly to relocate to Elko, NV. I've found on this forum many valuable information, but for some questions I could not find any answers; so, would you please navigate me across this town.
1. I could not find anywhere on Internet about houses for rent in Elko, either apartments, or rooms.
Most of the the apartments do not allowed pets and we have a dog (German Shepherd) and that "little fellow" is very protective towards his family. Question of the day #1: Where can I search for possible rental houses?
2. We are planning to buy house there. Question of the day #2: What area is safe in Elko? Where should I stay focused on my search?
Also, I see some available houses with acreage and some of them, in general, are up to 10,000 sf.
What people tend to buy there - with some land or not?
3. Is it hard to sell house there? Data says that the average length on the market is about 130+ days.
If so, what houses harder to sell? Pricey or with small lot?
I noticed that brand new houses ( with 2,95 acres) at Hamilton Trail are significantly cheaper than up North, like in the area of Khory Lane, Puccinelly street and so forth.
I did noticed, that Khory-Puccinelly are located closer to the city and Hamilton area is far. Also, I noticed that the major stores are located in the Central -North part of the Elko.
So, question of the day #3 - why south is cheaper than north?
4. Braemar construction company builds houses in Elko. Are new houses more expansive there like let's say, buying a new car or they competitive along with pre-owned houses?

I hope, I haven't overwhelmed you with a lot of questions. Will be appreciated with any information.

Last edited by Iren_CA; 02-27-2018 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: mistypo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 08:23 PM

330 posts, read 429,283 times
I was offered work in Elko and came here to find out if there was any info on, same thing, renting with a pet.

whatever happened, did you move there?

Old 07-12-2018, 08:05 PM

Hi Jackie,
Yes, we moved to this area in April of this year, 2018. At that time, the only house available with pets was in Spring Creek, so we decided to reside there. Later on we saw houses in Elko, but it was somewhat late for us - we moved in.
After browsing around the neighborhood, I've found a huge park with lake and creek (where my dog loves to swim :-). The view of Ruby Mountains is spectacular in Spring Creek.
So far, we became more familiar with local area and currently looking for house to buy here, in Spring Creek.

Last edited by Iren_CA; 07-12-2018 at 08:51 PM..

Old 07-12-2018, 08:10 PM

In regards of rental properties with pets, we have found some apartments available in Elko, but they did not have secured backyard and solid divider between units. Since we have very protective German Shepherd, we did not feel safe for our "potential neighbors" and rented a house with secured backyard.
If you have any questions, Jackie, I would be glad to provide information to my best knowledge.
If you are still looking for rental property, try to search through Elko Realty LLC

Last edited by Iren_CA; 07-12-2018 at 08:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada