Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,823 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My Husband just got a job with LedCor and wants to move Myself and Our son up before school starts. The net hasn't been very helpful as far as finding a home or apartment to rent. is there anyone out there with ideas please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 12:08 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,521,589 times
Call a realtor in Elko.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:59 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
Or take a look at the house rentals in our newspaper, The Elko Daily News. It comes out every day but Sunday.

http://elkod-www2.elkodaily.com/admarket/for_rent/

Old 06-21-2010, 11:54 PM

4 posts, read 17,239 times
Come out for a visit .You will stay for ever as we did. ( from New York)

Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 AM

2 posts, read 4,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixiesDelight View Post
Hello,
My Husband just got a job with LedCor and wants to move Myself and Our son up before school starts. The net hasn't been very helpful as far as finding a home or apartment to rent. is there anyone out there with ideas please?
Sandy's Castle 775-738-4787 does rentals-
newspaper is Elko Daily Free Press-
Schools are really good here. Lots for children to do.
New apartments are being built.
Try the Chamber of Commerce on Idaho Street on line. They have information too. hope this helps, Virginia

Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia1728 View Post
Sandy's Castle 775-738-4787 does rentals-
newspaper is Elko Daily Free Press-
Schools are really good here. Lots for children to do.
New apartments are being built.
Try the Chamber of Commerce on Idaho Street on line. They have information too. hope this helps, Virginia
Didya notice the post was 2 years old?

Old 06-06-2012, 11:59 PM

42 posts, read 127,542 times
Apartments are extremely hard to find in Elko. My suggestion would be to contact a realtor and see what your chances are for buying a house. The realtors are different here, they realize a lot of people are getting mine jobs and they are willing to tell you the bare minimum you need to do to buy something. In the meantime, I would suggest contacting owners of vacant houses for sale and seeing if they would be willing to rent to you until their houses sell. If you are willing to do yard work or minor home repairs, your chances are better for convincing an owner to do such a thing. It sounds crazy, but I did it and it worked! Good luck and remember where there is a will, there is a way!

Old 06-07-2012, 10:34 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenigma View Post
Apartments are extremely hard to find in Elko. My suggestion would be to contact a realtor and see what your chances are for buying a house. The realtors are different here, they realize a lot of people are getting mine jobs and they are willing to tell you the bare minimum you need to do to buy something. In the meantime, I would suggest contacting owners of vacant houses for sale and seeing if they would be willing to rent to you until their houses sell. If you are willing to do yard work or minor home repairs, your chances are better for convincing an owner to do such a thing. It sounds crazy, but I did it and it worked! Good luck and remember where there is a will, there is a way!

You may not have noticed that this thread is two years old. Your post may be helpful to others, though!

Old 06-26-2012, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,381 times
Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice ... even though the original post is 2 years old, people still have the same questions ...

Old 07-11-2012, 11:12 AM

3 posts, read 6,363 times
Hye I am moving down there in a couple weeks, is there any new apartments, nice ones in a nice area of town that anyone can recommend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada