Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:02 AM

4 posts, read 14,076 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to TN from GA. My husband's job would be in the Springfield area and I am trying to get a feel for the communities around Springfield to help with finding a home. We have 3 elementary aged children who love the outdoors, sports and the arts (music/theater/art). We currently have a home with 2 acres and would like to find something similar. Ideally, an area with parks, some history, a small downtown and access to shopping. Right now we are 15 miles or so north of Atlanta, so we don't need a big city feel, but it sure is nice to be able to drive in for dinner once in a while. I have been looking around online in the Springfield, Pleasant View, White House, Goodlettsville areas. I would appreciate any input you may have. Thanks!

Marjorie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 12:24 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,241,038 times
Springfield and Robertson County have several places to shop and eat. And for more choices, most of the area is convenient to both Clarksville and Nashville.

If I was going to be working in Springfield, I would probably limited my seach at first to areas within Robertson County, or those convenient to where I was going to be working. There's nothing wrong with, say, Goodlettsville, but I wouldn't want to make the commute if I didn't have to (not that it would be that bad of a commute). White House and Pleasant View are possibilities however, as is Coopertown and Adams; even the eastern part of Montgomery County along I-24.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:36 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,285,796 times
I was in White House yesterday looking for a home and found the area to be so nice. Everyone was friendly and from what people said, the schools are very good there. One young mother moved their because of the schools.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:38 PM

56 posts, read 233,880 times
Why not just live in Springfield. There are some very nice neighborhoods in Springfield. And alot of new ones going up.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:11 PM

Never having been to that area I am just trying to get a feel for North Nashville and the various communities. The people from his office commute from south of town but we don't want that kind of lifestyle. We really want to find a home with at least 2 acres. My children would hate a lawn with no woods. Right now we have 2 wooded acres with a creek to explore and lots of wildlife. We may be going up there next weekend to scope it out. Any advice?

Old 06-25-2007, 02:18 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,241,038 times
I assume you mean "north of Nashville", not North Nashville. North Nashville is certainly not what you're looking for.

There's lots of wooded sites all around Nashville and the Springfield area. It might take a while to find exactly what you're looking for, but it shouldn't be too hard.

By the way, I grew up on 60 wooded acres with a creek. Still have it too.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 PM

Yes, North OF Nashville :-)

Wow! 60 acres and a creek! My kids would LOVE that. I have poured over the listings for the area and there isn't much with land in my price range. I saw a new home with 5.3 acres, but it disappeared :-(. I have faith that if this move is meant to be we will find the right home at the right time. It is hard though as we adore where we are now and would be happy just staying put if the job situation were different. It is a hard decision. Thanks for your input! Are there any areas in Springfield to avoid?

Old 06-26-2007, 02:04 PM

3 posts, read 10,779 times
Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
I was in White House yesterday looking for a home and found the area to be so nice. Everyone was friendly and from what people said, the schools are very good there. One young mother moved their because of the schools.
Everyone in white house TN is from somewhere else..( Bridle Creek Subdivision anyway) We moved from SO CA Last year and we LOVE IT! our neighbors are from FL, CA, LA, MN, NY, KY, WA, AZ.. to name a few.. Average income is over 60 K a year or more and there's no trailers! Also we are 15 minutes from Hendersonville TN which they are building a MALL! with a Barns and Noble anchor! with lots of window shopping and outdoor restaurants. Also HWY 31 splits the city.. SUMNER CO side has the new schools. you want H B Williams. I have 2 kids 6 and 9 and my son left Kindergarten knowing how to spell all the months of the year off the top of his head. I was amazed! My parents and family are from Gallatin and I am very familiar with the Sumner CO.side. and the property values seem to be worth more. We chose this subdivision because there's no association fees like the other subdivisions. Also we have several NEW basement homes for sale. We actually love the weather.. we got snow several days in February. Hope this helps everyone!

Old 06-26-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjorieA View Post
Never having been to that area I am just trying to get a feel for North Nashville and the various communities. The people from his office commute from south of town but we don't want that kind of lifestyle. We really want to find a home with at least 2 acres. My children would hate a lawn with no woods. Right now we have 2 wooded acres with a creek to explore and lots of wildlife. We may be going up there next weekend to scope it out. Any advice?
Hi, my husband and I wanted a treed lot so bad.. but couldn't find one. your best bet would be Cotton Town, Orlinda, Cross Plains.. these area's are small now, but are growing like crazy. And the commute to Nashville is nothing.
(20min) Most all of my neighbors work in Nashville. : )

Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjorieA View Post
We are considering moving to TN from GA. My husband's job would be in the Springfield area and I am trying to get a feel for the communities around Springfield to help with finding a home. We have 3 elementary aged children who love the outdoors, sports and the arts (music/theater/art). We currently have a home with 2 acres and would like to find something similar. Ideally, an area with parks, some history, a small downtown and access to shopping. Right now we are 15 miles or so north of Atlanta, so we don't need a big city feel, but it sure is nice to be able to drive in for dinner once in a while. I have been looking around online in the Springfield, Pleasant View, White House, Goodlettsville areas. I would appreciate any input you may have. Thanks!

Marjorie
There's two houses for rent on Tyree Springs RD in White House, TN .. not too much for rent in this area.. very close to HWY 76 which runs into Spring Field. about 15 minutes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville